Chapter 2

Brad inhaled the sweet air, feeling how fresh and crisp it was. The moisture in the air stuck onto his skin, making it feel sticky.

"Perfect weather, eh Mike?"

"Huh?" Mike yawned. "Oh, yeah. Glamorous."

"What time did that concert end?"

"I dunno. Late."

"Around midnight," Joe said behind them. He was equally as tired as Mike was. Dark circles were around his eyes, his hair messy and not combed. Mike's usually spikey hair was flat, and soft looking. Brad wanted to touch it.

"Last time I'm staying up until three," Mike grumbled.

"Why three? Didn't the concert end at midnight?"

"We went out to eat, lost track of time."

"You lost track of time while eating? " Brad asked while chuckling.

"We were at a 24 hour buffet," Joe yawned.

Brad laughed and then frowned. There was that familiar sound again. The grinding of wheels against the pavement. All three boys groaned in unison and made way for the blonde who skated through them. He turned the board around and stopped.

"Looks like a couple pussies like you can't handle a mosh pit," Chester smirked. He brought a cigarette to his lips and inhaled. "Can't even handle losing a few hours of sleep. What a shame."

He flicked the cigarette towards the boys and and skid off again.

"Fucking faggot!" Joe yelled after him.

"Was he at the concert last night," Brad turned and asked his two friends.

"Obviously," Mike grumbled.

Brad shook his head. How could someone be so mean. He never did anything to the kid anyways. It was Bennington that started it. Always.

The three boys continued their walk towards school. Students bustled into the main entrance, everyone in groups and talking about their weekend.

"God look who had to show up."

Brad turned towards the voice and glared at the boy who had called out to the group. Dave was leaning against the wall next to the enterance, hands in his pockets.

"Shut the fuck up Dave," Mike sneered. Dave shook his head and walked towards the group.

"Poor Mikey-Wikey. Didn't get your beauty sleep? Could see you woke up on the wrong side of the rainbow--"

Dave stopped and looked behind Mike's shoulder. His fowl expression changed, his lips curling up.

"Well good morning princess." He pushed passed Mike and Brad and towards Chester.

"Morning," Chester, mumbled as he walked passed the group.  "Not now Dave. Gotta...Just in a hurry."

Dave followed the blonde boy and left Brad and his friends.

"Oh my fucking god do they ever quit?" Mike groaned.

"Guess not," Joe sighed. "Well gotta head out. See you guys at lunch?"

"Sure," Brad nodded. Joe waved and walked into the building.

"Chester seemed in a hurry?" Mike said as Brad pushed the door open.

"Why do you care?"

"Dunno. Seemed strange."

"You sure you're not gay Mike. Maybe all that flirting he did last year is getting to you," Brad joked. He felt Mike's forehead and snickered when his smacked it away.