Chapter 7

"Hey there," Chester greeted Rob. Rob gave him a small smile.

"I didn't keep you waiting right?"

"Not at-t all," Rob breathed. Chester nodded and then took his receipt from the cashier.

"I thought I was gonna keep you waiting. I walked here."

"Huh."

Chester smirked and took his wrist, leading him out of the gas station and back into the rain.

"Gah I love this weather. It's so fresh and nice," Chester opened up the passenger door for Rob, motioning for him to get in.

"I'm gonna get gas and we can take off. I have a cool place for us to hang out."

Chester shut the door and went around to the other side of the car. Rob looked around. The car was clean, and smelled like it had been sprayed down with a dollar store air freshener. But Rob could pick up hints of weed and cigarette smoke. The only few things in the car was Chester's school bag and a rolled blanket, both in the back seats. The interior of the car was entirely black and looked new. It was generally a nice car, but it wasn't a new model.

The car door opened and Chester sat inside.

"No curfew right?"

Rob shook his head and Chester started the car. He pulled out of the gas station and started to drive.

"Alright, so we have time to do whatever we want," Chester winked at Rob, making him giggle.

"Not what you think okay," Chester chuckled. "You smoke?"

Again, Rob shook his head.

"Wow, you are missing out sir. Trying vaping. I have an extra one you can borrow if you'd like."

"O-okay."

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Chester said, chuckling softly. They drove into a more secluded part of town, closer to Mike's house.

"So what were you doling earlier?"

"Brad wanted me to eat with him."

"Is that what your holding?"

Rob looked at his drink and the lump in his pocket. "Oh, yeah."

"Cool, can I have some? I smell Sprite."

"Sure," Rob handed Chester the drink. Chester took a sip and opened a cup holder, placing the drink there.

"He took you to that burger place huh? I was the one who originally showed him. I had the munchies once, saw a burger place and walked in. I loved it and showed him and the two other dorks."

Rob bit his lip. Chester chuckled. "I guess you're getting tired of hearing how much we hate each other."

"No, no. It's understandable. I just heard things from Brad."

Chester pulled into a junk yard, driving quite slowly and looking around. "Like what."

"Um...things like--like you forcing--"

Chester parked the car and faced Rob. "He told you that bullshit too."

Rob gulped. Chester stared him down. The rain still splattered down, filling the silence between the two boys.

"Come with me."

Chester opened the car door and Rob followed. The cold rain hit Rob as soon as he got out of the car. Chester grabbed his sleeping roll from the car, taking Rob's wrist again and walked in between the mounds of trash and old cars. It felt like they walked through a maze of towers with each sharp turn the took.