Unexpected Visitor

I was just settled into bed when I hear a thump against the balcony door

I was just settled into bed when I hear a thump against the balcony door. What in Oz? I sit up slowly and listen for a moment. The thump comes again. Frantically I feel around for something I can use to defend myself when my hand encloses around something smooth and round. It's Elphaba's looking glass. I hesitate for a moment but continue to hold it. Sorry Elphie, I hope you will forgive me.

Slowly I get up and make my way towards the balcony doors, looking glass in hand. The thumping becomes louder and more insistent. With a shaky hand I slowly open the door. "Wh- who's there?" My voice sounds weak and frightened. So much for powerful sorceress. You couldn't scare a fly right now. Gazing into the dark night I pull myself together and again command whoever is there to show themselves.

Suddenly, I get knocked back into the room by something about the size of a small child. There is sounds of things crashing and breaking as I hit the floor, lose my grip on the looking glass, and whatever it is tumbles across the room.

As the room grows quiet I slowly stand up and make my way towards whoever or whatever just came literally flying through the window at me. I make a small glowing orb appear just ahead of me. I cringe as I see Elphaba's looking glass shattered on the floor. Damn it! I will have to try and fix that. I think making a mental note to myself.

Looking around I give a small cry of fear when the glow of the orb falls across the form of what appears to be a giant bat. I slowly move closer and gasp as it turns it's head to look at me. That is no bat, that's a flying monkey! Not just any flying monkey, but the very first one, her favorite and most loved one, Chistery. I stand there shocked and frozen in place till I hear a frantic knock on the door.

"Lady Glinda!" I hear the captain of the Gale Force voice. "Lady Glinda, are you okay? We heard some banging, a crash, and then heard you scream." I take a shaky breath before I calmly walk to the door and open it a little pulling my robe tighter around me. "I am fine. Thank you Captain." He looks at me a little doubtfully, then trying to peer around me, and goes to speak. I cut him off by giving him a radiant smile. "I swear by Lurline I am perfectly fine." My mind races. "I just thought I saw a... a mouse, and panicked. I never could stand the little rodents. It's gone though." I give a shudder hoping it looks real. The group of guards before me looks amused and try not laugh. "Very well my lady. I am sorry for intruding, and hope the remainder of your night is... is..." He pauses, "uneventful." Giving him another smile. "Thank you for being so alert. Do have a good night." I close the door before he can say anything more.