Incident at the Cabin

It isn't long before I find myself riding into small clearing back hidden just beyond the gardens that the cabin stands in

It isn't long before I find myself riding into small clearing back hidden just beyond the gardens that the cabin stands in. I slow Twilight Sky to walk and make my way towards the cabin. I'm not sure why, but there is still a nagging in me that tells me my father lying to me.

As I approach I notice someone sitting on the steps, leaning against the railing. They appear to either be dozing or daydreaming. It's hard to tell because they are wearing a hooded cloak. Either way, they haven't seem to have noticed me.

I halt the horse and dismount. Making my way to the cabin. "Hello!" I quietly call and the person jumps and stand up looking startled, and when they do the hood falls back. I stop staring open mouthed in shock. There before me is Elphaba! My Elphie less than ten feet away from me. "Elphie!?" I whisper, and she looks scared. "Is that really you?" I say quickly come towards her, and soon discover that to be a mistake.

"Don't come any closer!" She says stepping back a few steps as I approach. She raises her hand in a manner that she would have done as a warning before unleashing her powers, and so I halt.

"Elphie, it's me, Glinda. Don't you recognize me?" I say almost pleading.

She suddenly looks angry and growls. "Traitor!" She begins to draw on her powers.

"El- Elphaba, p-please! It's me!" I stammer as she slowly starts to stalk towards me.

"You are a traitor! You betrayed me, and killed my sister! It's your fault! It's all your fault!" She screams at me. Her eyes are cloudy, crazy and dangerous looking.

I find I can't move, and just as she goes to release her powers someone grabs me and thrusts me up on my horse. "Ride fast away from here!" I hear Old Jake's voice as he slaps Twilight Sky's rump, and she begins trotting off.

Chancing it I look back over my shoulder. I am shocked as I see Old Jake and someone else I don't know wrestling Elphaba down to the ground. I face forward again and kick Twilight Sky into a gallop and head back home.