Momsie

As we make our way home we talked about the changes that have happened since I have been gone

As we make our way home we talked about the changes that have happened since I have been gone. I told him about concerns I had for the future of Oz, and he gave me his opinion. After about a two hour carriage ride we finally arrived home.

No sooner did the carriage come to a halt then my mother came rushing out the door. My father helps me down and I run to meet her, and we embrace in each other in hugs. "Galinda, my dearest, darlingest daughter." She smile at me. "My have you changed." Returning her smile I chuckle. "Oh Momsie, I couldn't stay your little princess forever. I had to grow up one day." Momsie smiles. "I know darling. I just wish you could have stayed little for a little longer."

Popsicle takes my arm and Momsies, and leads us into the house. "Galinda, dear, you must be exhausted!" Nodding I reply, "Very much. It has been very stressful the past couple weeks with the celebration and... and..." I don't finish that thought. "I also didn't sleep well on trip here."Momsie then tells Popsicle that she will take me up to my room. Kissing his cheek I promise I will see him at supper.

I can't help but laugh when I enter my old room and see that it is exactly as I left it. "What's so funny?" She asks . I smile and look over at her. "I can't believe you left my room like this." I gesture around the room. "My old books I hated to read. My vanity..." My voice trails off as I see a picture of Elphaba and myself at Wizamania. I remember that day well.

Momsie notices what causes me to go quiet, and she gently hugs me. I bury my face on her shoulder and begin to cry. She remains silent, and just hugs me. After a few moments I am able to compose myself. "I... I am okay." My voice says otherwise, but Momsie doesn't press me to talk. "Glinda, sweetheart, why don't you try and take a nap. Supper won't be ready for a couple hours yet, and you look exhausted." Nodding I comply. She kisses my cheek and leaves me to get settled.

As Momsie leaves the room I remove my travel cloak, hat and shoes and set them aside. Absent mindedly I lay down on the edge of the bed and stare at the photo of Elphie and I as I drift off to sleep.