Mysterious Silhouette

Heading towards the staircase I notice one of the servants

Heading towards the staircase I notice one of the servants. "Excuse me, but do you know where my parents might be? I would like to speak then if possible."

The young woman looks up from slightly startled at my approach, and goes wide eyed. "L-Lady Glinda!" She sounds awestruck and gives a quick curtsy. "Yes, your goodness, I do know where they are. They are in the conservatory. Two gentlemen came, and had to meet with them. Would you like me to announce you?"

I shake my head. "No, that is quite alright, I do not wish to disturb them. What I would like to speak them about can wait." So much for speaking to them now about Elphaba. "Tell me please, how soon is supper?"

The young servant thinks a moment, and then replies, "Supper won't be served till seven thirty." She looks up worriedly and quickly adds, " If you are hungry though I can go fetch you a snack."

I smile at her. "That is quite alright my dear. I am not that hungry." I glance out the window then and see the rose garden. "If you happen to speak to my parents before dinner would you please inform them that I wish to speak to them when it is convenient for them."

As I begin to head down the staircase the servant gives a quick curtsy. "Please Lady Glinda, may I enquire as to where they can locate you if that have time to speak to you?" Pausing I turn to her and smile. "Please inform them I shall be strolling in the rose gardens." She again gives a quick curtsy as I continue on my way.

The garden is so beautiful and peaceful, and the sweet fragrant scent of Gilikinees Roses fills the air. I have always loved them, and I smile drinking in the their beauty.

As I walk I pause occasionally to pick one or two of the most beautiful ones. Before too long I have a lovely bouquet of them. Picking one final one I glance up and find I have wandered down the path to the summer cabin my father had built for me when I was a child. I smile at the memory, and remember how thrilled I was because it was not a child's play cabin, but an actual cabin with all the amenities.

Hmmm, that's odd. I tilt my head slightly to the side as I observe the cabin. Wrinkling my forehead I frown seeing a silhouette of someone through the closed thin curtains. Now who could possibly be in there? I wonder...

Lost in my own thoughts I fail to hear my father approach, and about the time I make up my mind to go see who is in there he speak. "Glinda dear." I jump startled out of my thoughts I whip round to face him. He smiles. "I beg your pardon," he gives a slight bow and holds his arm out, "I didn't mean to startle you, but supper will be ready in a few minutes." Smiling, I accept his outstretched arm, and we head back to the house.

"Popsicle, who was that person in the cabin?" I glance at him, and he is quiet for a few moments before the he finally replies. "That person is just an interior designer I hired to give the inside a new look. You know freshen it up after all these year."

I nod. "I couldn't agree more. I am sure it is going to look splendifferous when it is finished." He looks at me and smile, and I return the smile, though I have this strange feeling that he is lying to me. He is hiding something or someone and I intend to find out.