A New Beginning

Bessie and I have been home for a couple weeks now, and we have daily gone out to see Elphie

Bessie and I have been home for a couple weeks now, and we have daily gone out to see Elphie. She doesn't remember me most of the time, and there haven't been any more incidents like the one when I first saw her.

Most days she is calm and just sits humming quietly as she stares off in the distance. Other days she reminds me of how she was at Shiz. Spending her time curled up reading. She doesn't talk much, and so it can be boring just sitting with her day after day. Thank Lurline for Bessie or I would more than likely go crazy or just give up.

"Lady Glinda, you need to calm down and stop getting so frustrated at Elphaba." Bessie says. "If you get irritated with her over not remembering things you will only make things worse."

Sighing I turn to look at Elphie, who is again curled up reading in the window of the other room. "I know." I say sighing. "Seeing her sitting there reading like that though, I can't but help thinking of how things use to be."

Bessie smiles. "I don't know how things were, because I obviously didn't know you or her then, but you can help her. Talk to her. Tell her of things you use to do, or share things you think she might find interesting."

"That's just it, I don't know what she finds interesting anymore. It's been three years since we last spent time together and she was so different then. I don't know her anymore. Oz, I don't even know if she loves me anymore!"

"You still love her though, and that means something. Now all you have to do its show her that you love her."

"You're right." I say turning to look at Bessie. "Maybe I could move into here with her, and just be here for her all the time."

"I think that would be a start, but I suggest you room separately from her as she had yet to remember that you two were ever more than just friends."

"But-" I go object, but Bessie cuts me off. "Glinda, trust me if you move too quickly before she ready you are only going to spook her, and she will push you away. Right now she is still a lot like a child, and you need to understand that."

I know she is right. Oz it all Bessie usually is, but it still doesn't make me happy. I do take comfort in knowing she agrees about me moving to the cabin. Now I just have to tell my parents I will be moving in with Elphie.