until now

[until now: takes place in their third year]

DRACO'S POV

I was taking a stroll through the castle, and then I decided I'd go outside. The sky is a clear, beautiful blue, and there's only a slight summer breeze, so it's the perfect opportunity for a walk.

I muttered profanities at a few first year Ravenclaws who were staring at me, and then I stepped outside. The school grounds were littered with students: first and second years playing around and practicing spells, and third to seventh years studying and hanging out with friends.

I nodded a hello to some of my acquaintances and continued walking in peace. That is, until I heard familiar voices; Slytherins. I heard the name "Potter" being spat out, and knew that they were being rude to Harry Potter, as usual. I know I know, I do it too, but lately I've been feeling bad about it which is something I never do when I bully someone. So that's something, right? It's not like the raven haired boy ever did anything to deserve it. I know he never would have been rude to me in the first place, if I had never bullied him and his friends.

Lately, I've been feeling like I have a crush on the boy. Yes, Draco Malfoy has a crush on Harry Potter. Unexpected, I know.

I walk a bit further and past a few trees, and there they are. A few fifth and sixth year Slytherins, sneering and saying rude things to Harry. When one of them shoved him to the ground, I felt a protective instinct kick in. Harry landed in a not good way, and he winced, his hands touching his leg.

Before they can do anything else to him, I step closer and yell, "Hey! Stop bothering him!"

Harry looks up from his hurt leg and he seems surprised and confused. Then he looks back down, avoiding my gaze. The Slytherins have about the same reaction as Harry, wondering why I'm helping the boy who I'm usually the one bullying. I haven't hurt him or said anything to him in weeks now, and I know everyone's noticed and been confused.

"Why are you helping him?" A sixth year Slytherin sneers, I can't him remember his name. Who cares, he's hurting my Harry. Wait.. My Harry?

"Yes, and I suggest you leave him alone from now on, or my father will be hearing about this," I spit at him, and he actually looks a bit scared.

He and the others quickly scatter, leaving Harry and I alone. Ah, finally. I go closer to him and kneel in front of him. He flinches back, and I frown.

"It's okay Harry," I say gently, "I'm not going to hurt you. Not ever again. Neither is anybody else."

He looks at me closely, studying my face and my eyes, before nodding.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

He glances back at his leg, then at me again. "Yeah, I think so. My leg is just bruised, but I'll be fine."

I nod, barely paying attention, as I'm busy looking into his beautiful green eyes. Then he's staring into my eyes as well, and then we're leaning in–

"Harry I-" Hermione cuts herself off, staring at Harry and I, her jaw dropped.

Ron stands behind her, looking at me, suspicious.

Harry stands up, winces slightly, and walks to his friends. I stand up as well. He smiles at me, and then walks away, explaining to Hermione and Ron what happened.

I never knew I could feel this way until now.

•~•~•
#12, done!
Remember to let me know if you have ideas, and to vote and comment and maybe follow! Share this book with your friends and everyone you know ;)
Haha jk I don't expect you to do that, but maybe to other Drarry shippers you know :))))
Thanks loves, you're all great xxx