always did

[always did: after Hogwarts. Sorry for all the POV changes too.]

After the Battle of Hogwarts, the impossible, actually the unthinkable happened. Two wizards who had basically hated each other since they met, became friends. Best friends, if we're being honest here. The thing is though, neither one of them actually hated each other - not ever. It seemed like it to everyone else, and it seemed like it to the two wizards that the other had hated him. That hate was never real though.

If they never hated each other, then what did they feel toward each other? Good question.

It wasn't hate, no, not at all.

It was love. Love was what they both hid from each other.

Who were these two wizards?

You shall see. . .

. • . • . • .

HARRY'S POV

"That was hilarious!" I exclaimed, laughing as I entered mine and Draco's new flat.

He followed behind me, also laughing. "I know! They think we both hate each other! So when they put us together as partners, they thought they were being funny! But it's only funny because we're best friends!"

I sat on the sofa and smiled, "We're Aurors now, and partners at that. Crazy, right?"

He nodded and sat next to me, "Merlin, that is crazy. Glad that we became friends before they partnered us though, or this flat would be exploding sometime soon."

I chuckled, "Yes, definitely."

If only you knew, Draco.

I don't want to be friends.

It's an improvement from what we were before.

But I want more. . .

I want to be yours.

DRACO'S POV

I was at the Ministry of Magic, in the Aurors Department, awaiting a new assignment. Harry was running a little late, which is why I was alone. Suddenly I tuned into a conversation when Harry was mentioned.

". . . Harry, gay?" The Auror was saying.

The other witch nodded, "Yeah, that's what I heard. Apparently that's why he broke up with that Weasley girl, it's because he was in love with a boy."

"Wow, who knew? I mean, I support him! Who cares who you love, right? I just wonder who the boy was," the other replied.

"I support it too, and yeah, who knows? Harry hasn't dated anyone since, because apparently the guy he loves is straight."

"Merlin's beard, that's sad! I hope whoever the boy is that Potter loves, wakes up and realizes that he has a great guy in love with him. I would love for a happy ending there, especially after all that Harry has been through."

"Me too, me too."

Then the two witches were out of sight, and I could no longer hear them.

Was all that they said true? Was Harry actually gay? I did always wonder why he broke it off with the Weaselette. I'm his best friend though, and if he really is gay, I hate that he hasn't told me. Did he think I wouldn't support him? It's quite the opposite actually, seeming that I'm gay too and I'm in love with the boy... Always have been.

If it's all true, I hope that the boy he loves does wake up and realize that he's damn lucky to have an amazing guy like Harry in love with him.

HARRY'S POV

Draco and I got home late, after working on our new assignment. I was worried about him. Ever since I met him this morning to get the new assignment, he's been acting weird. I can't quite explain it. He's been really nervous around me all of a sudden, and he zones out a lot. He almost got hurt today because of it.

Before he could go off to his room, I stopped him and grabbed his arm.

"Wait, Draco," I said, and he tensed up, "can we talk?"

I took my hand away and he turned to face me. He bit his lip and nodded. We both sat on the sofa.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "You've been acting differently all day."

He gulped and looked away. "I heard something this morning, a-and I was just wondering if it was true."

I nodded, "Okay, what is it?"

He took in a deep breath and then said it quickly, "Are you gay, Harry?"

At those words I immediately froze and my jaw dropped. I quickly shut my mouth and then took a few calming breaths.

He figured it out. He figured it out.

Does he know that I love him? Does he know that's why I broke up with Ginny?

Is he completely freaked out now?

Oh no, did I ruin our friendship?

"Harry?"

I looked up, and realized that I'd been zoned out for a while and Draco looked worried.

"O-oh. Um, well, yes. I'm gay."

Draco nodded, "Who is it?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Pardon me?"

"The boy that you fell in love with? While in Hogwarts, and the reason you broke it off with Weaselette."

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no.

"Please tell me. I'm your best friend," he pleaded.

"You may hate me after this, or whatever, but it's you Draco. I fell in love with you in seventh/eighth year. Before that, I never hated you. I think I always did love you, but it just took me forever to realize."

I was worried how Draco would react but then suddenly he was grinning.

"Harry, I'm gay too. I'm in love with you, and blimey I've waited forever to do this."

Then he kissed me, and it was the best kiss I ever had in my life.

•~•~•
#35
Not sure how many of these I'm gonna have in the end, but I'm for sure gonna have more than 50. xxx