enemies, friends, lovers, distant, lovers

[enemies, friends, lovers, distant, lovers: second, fourth, fifth, seventh year, and after Hogwarts]

THIRD PERSON

"Wait, what?" Hermione asked Harry.

"Did I hear you correctly?" Ron added.

Harry rolled his eyes at his friends, and nodded. "Yes, you heard correctly. I said that I'm friends with Malfoy, or Draco as I now call him, starting today. You guys don't have to be friends with him too, but you can't change my mind."

"How did you guys suddenly become friends?" Hermione questioned, her eyebrows furrowed.

Ron nodded to that question.

"Draco and I had a talk earlier, and we both agreed that it would be much easier to be friends than enemies," Harry explained.

Ron stayed silent, still pretty shocked. Hermione replied, "Well, I must say that I agree with you and Draco. It's much easier to just be friends. I would like to be friends with him too, or at least acquaintances, if he'd allow it."

Harry smiled, "I'm sure he would, you're a wonderful friend Hermione."

Hermione smiled and blushed slightly.

Then they both looked at Ron expectantly. He looked between the two of them and sighed. "I will try to get along with Mal... Draco I mean, but I'm not promising friendship. Maybe in the future, but not right away can I be his friend."

Harry nodded, "Okay, I can accept that."

Later that day the Golden Trio talked to Draco, who agreed to also be friends with Hermione, and to be acquaintances with Ron.

•Fourth Year•

Draco was part of Harry, Hermione, and Ron's friend group now. He had been since late second year when Ron finally agreed to friendship with the the boy. They were all really close friends now, and sometimes Draco hung out with his friends from Slytherin, but he hung out with the three Gryffindors the most.

"Draco?" Harry asked him, one day when they were alone.

"Hmm?"

"There are rumours going around and I thought I should get them confirmed from you, since you're the one they're about."

Draco sighed, and nodded. "Yes, it's true. I'm gay."

"Don't worry, I fully support you Dray. Hermione and Ron will too, I'm sure."

That's not what Draco had been worried about though.

•Fifth Year•

"Tell me why you've been distant!" Harry yelled at Draco who started to walk away when he spotted Harry. "You haven't been talking to me at all lately, and every time you see me you leave if you can! You only talk to Hermione and Ron, and not barely even then!"

Draco turned around to face Harry, and tears were brimming his eyes.

When Harry saw this, he frowned. "Dray?" He said tentatively, stepping closer. "Are you okay?"