11 : A Long Night

Your POV

"Here your meals." You put the plate in front of Shin-sama. Just a meat curry and rice. You know is too simple for him, but he agreed with that dish anyway. So, you don't have to trouble yourself.

You placed your plate and sat beside him. He did ask you to eat at the dining table, yet you both end up enjoying your meals at the kitchen counter.

"How is it? Is it good?" You anxiously asked when he's trying your dish.

"Yes. It is good, Y/n." Shin said after he swallowed the first spoonful of your dish.

You took a deep breath. "Thank god, you like it."

"You worried if I hate it?"

"Kind of... I've usually cooked for myself. When I'm moving here, I cooked for Maya. But she never says anything about my cooking. So, this is the first time I've cooked for someone else, besides my family." You scooped the rice with the curry on your plate.

"How come you're so good with cooking, Y/n? Did your mother taught you?"

"Not really. She barely teaches me with cooking. I've learned it by myself. Practice makes perfect, doesn't it right?"

Shin gave his serious look. "You make me wonder about how your life before this, Y/n."

"It's nothing great, really..." You're chewing a little. Then, you're glaring at Shin. He just touches the rice with his spoon. Like he so into his thinking.

"Your food will get cold, you know." You said. He continues to eat.

"So... how come you ended up live in this house? Why don't you find some nice apartment or somewhere closer to your family house?" You started the conversation again. Just want the talk between both of you to keep going. Besides, you do curious about his house. Why he chooses this one rather than any luxury house that he can get? It's more disadvantage to living here. Too far from any place, too quiet and plus, this house is near to the forest. There may be some wild animals that got lost and ended up at the back of the house.

"Because I like to be alone."

You pouted a little. Then, why did he ask you to live with him? Doesn't he want to be alone?

"Why do you want to be alone? Did you scared with the people? You don't look like you scare, though..."

Shin turned his head and look at you. "I'm not scared of people, but they may be scared of me."

"Scared of you? Why should they scared of you? Because of your father? Your father has a big influence on people, right? That's why they scared of you. So, you hate to see...." You stopped talking when you see Shin started to chuckle.

"You do curious a lot about me, Y/n." Shin smiled.

"I am not." You spooned the rice and shove it into your mouth.

"Then, you don't care if I don't answer any of your questions earlier?"

"It's up to you." You glared at him again, but this time, your eyes caught the gray ones that staring at you. He still gave you his smile.

"Maybe you're right...."

"About what?" You asked.

"I hate to see someone easily scare because of money or power. How they change because of that too."

"Not every one of them is like that."

"Every single one who knew me will be like that, Y/n." Shin formed a weak smile on his lips. Like he meant every single word that he said. Like he has been through something that can be a proof of his own statement.