35 : As If You Have A Choice

Immortality. Y/n never thought that 'privilege' or 'advantage' has existed in this world, neither believe it, nor ever crossed her innocent mind that she will be given to. She just a mere human, which is she will eventually grow old and die. Or perhaps die at the certain age from any of the possibilities. That's a fact for a human like her. So, how's she going to react when she has been offered to live an eternal life? Happy? Does it happy to live in an endless time? Then, sad? Doesn't it good to throw her worries about being sick and hurt?

"Y-You're k-kidding, right... Shin-kun?" Y/n finally spoke with a little bit stutter in her voice. She's hoping that she doesn't have to make such choices to cut Shin's wing and wishing that Shin just playfully offered her about being immortal. What's the point she decided to stab herself when Shin still asking her to cut his wing? Although it gives immortality, the thought of cutting his wing for her own benefit is harsh to bear.

"I'm afraid, I'm not, Y/n." Shin said, his eyes never wavered away from her. "You're worried about being immortal."

"Of course." She can't even decide whether she wants it or not. For sure being immortal is great, but she has to hurt Shin for once again. On top of that, what if she regretted her choice? She had to live for an eternal life with Shin, which is; there was no running away from him, there will no other choice than to be with him. Even normal relationship have ups and down, break up and such...

"I don't know if I will make the right choice about be-"

"I'm not asking you to make a choice, Y/n. I want you to have it." Shin cuts, his eyes fixed on the (e/c) eyes that seem a little bit wider than before. Y/n should comprehend about his intentions. Being immortal is assuredly not a choice for her as Shin already planned it for a long time.

"W-What do you mean? I can't object about this?" Y/n took away her fingers from his grasp, narrowing her eyebrows and still waiting in shock for a response.

Shin POV

"No. Apparently, you can't." I replied, received an irritation stare from Y/n. I need to be stern about doing this, force her if I had to, just to make sure she's going to live for a long, long time with me. From the start I had feelings for her, I know everything will change. I know things will never get back to the way it was before. Frankly speaking, I could go back if I were given to, if I repented of my wrongdoings, even if I was the fallen. But, I chose to stay with Y/n ever since she was small. I chose her over the heaven and that's why I never thought of going back by asking her to put my right wing, just to fly home and probably face the biggest punishment after I killed quite a lot of humans. And once I decided to give her the immortality, once this left wing was torn apart from me, there was no way for me to go back to heaven anymore. Since my left wing can never be attached after it is removed. It will be separated from me forever. One of the biggest sins I will gladly do for Y/n. For sure, she doesn't have to know anything about that...

"Shin, you can't do this to me." Y/n whined at me. She's too nice to hurt me, I can read in her eyes.

"I can, Y/n." I coldly answered as I heard a heavy sigh escaped from her lips. Her face that looks so gloomy with the thought of being immortal, amused me. Cause I had somewhat of a theory that humans definitely desires of having an eternal life, they patently couldn't care less to cut my wing if I gave this opportunity to them. Also, if I revealed about the chance of immortality to Ryu with this wing earlier, I already can tell his stupid reaction. So much different than Y/n, I dare to bet my wings on that.

"I don't want to cut your wing, please... Shin."

"I know," I touched her soft cheeks, resting my forehead on hers after placed a few kisses on it. "I can't handle the pain of you getting hurt, little one. Can you understand that?"