36 : Aftershock

Y/n POV

That late night, you can't fall asleep as your head full with thoughts. You can't even look into Shin's eyes when you had a dinner with him a couple hours ago. Weirdly, he seemed calm like always and he doesn't even ask for your reply on the dinner. Does he's being considerate since you're still struggling to find what is the best option for both of you? Well, his proposal about live immortality with him still caught your tongue, and yes, you have not given him a proper answer yet. You asked for a time to sort your thoughts out and you sure knew that it's not working for a slightest right now. The thing is, you don't want to hurt him and live forever in guilt. Nevertheless, the other choice is uncertainty going to happen.

You stood up slowly, both hands placed on your stomach as you clenched your teeth and walked to the door. You want to go for a walk around the house, make your head clearer by strolling to different places besides your own room. Probably getting some fresh air outside of the house. It's true that you need to rest, but taking a peaceful amble for a bit is truly needed. You can take care of yourself. And hopefully, you don't bump into Shin or Takuya-san. Shin will completely furious if he saw you wandering alone since he's in charge of your well-being. You don't care, you'll take the risk as you're getting sick of lying in the bed. Plus, they need their own rest too, and you're not taking that away with just your own purpose.

Once your heels hitting the floor after coming down from the stairs, you turned your head and looked around. Just so you know that no one is nearby, no one is aware of your presence at this moment. You continued to walk to the front door, halted your feet for a second; to wear your shoes and open the big door.

Your body greeted a slightly cold night breeze as you stepped outside of the mansion. You instantly put both of your hands in your black pocket sweater, resumed walking at a slow pace. Carefully take your step since you don't want to stitch the wound open and cause 'a demon' out of Shin.

"Did I want to be immortal or not?" You started to question yourself, making a conversation on your own. You need to figure out an answer for Shin. Even though he not asking yet, there's a probability that Shin will ask you first thing in the morning. And you knew that Shin has a dangerous mind of his own. So, he definitely wouldn't take 'no' for the answer. He already said that you can't object to being immortal, yet he proposed it in a sweet way. He's such a weird guy...

"Well, the real question is... did I love him so much to the point of living immortality with him?" You blabbered alone, purposely nod and say,

"Yes?" Then, you shook your head lightly. "Or no?"

A small sigh exited your lips. If someone walking pass you right now, they maybe think that you're out of your mind. Who cares? They can't help you decide anyway. Plus, there's nobody around...

Your feet suddenly come to a halt, there's an unfamiliar car that parked a few meters away from the mansion, with two of the men that stay inside the car staring at you. Learned your lesson very well after what just happened, your feet slowly stepped backward. They're looking suspiciously at you, so, that must be something wrong with both of them.

Once you saw they came out of the car, you turned around and keep walking. Shoot. You can't walk hurriedly since your wound is still freshly bandaged. Not a minute later, your shoulder has been tapped a couple times from the back as you hear,

"Excuse us, Miss Hinamura Y/n."

You stopped, there's nothing you can do if they were this close behind you. You bravely turned your body as you look at both of them with odd after they called your name. Do they know you?