24 : A Sorrowful Past

(Author Note : (M/n) - Mother's Name. I've put Daiki Hinamura as Father's name for reader. Just like Maya. Any names that I've used in this story are just a name for character only. It has nothing to do with anyone... Carry on^^)

*****

Flashback

      Y/n stands in front of a big house with her hand being held by her mother. This house looks so big than her old house. It looks creepy. Like a haunted house or somewhat of Dracula mansion like in movies.

      "Are you sure this house is empty? We can't trespass someone's property as we wish." (M/n) looked at her husband as her right hands adjusted her strap of the bag that's been hanging on her shoulder.

      "Don't worry about it. It's safe in here." Daiki said, giving a glare to her wife and turned his head to keep staring at the house. The house has been unoccupied for years. Daiki already makes sure of it after he asked random people about this house. It's perfect for his small family to live in temporarily.

      "But we can't hide forever."

      "I know. I'll figure something out." Daiki let out a tired sigh. He carried two pieces of baggage on his hand as he walked closer to the front door. He turned the doorknob, but the door was locked. That's not surprising since the mansion looks stable even though it seemed left out for a while.

      "You always said that and look where we are now. I don't know why I married you in a first place." (M/n) said, taking her daughter and followed her husband's footsteps.

      "Can you shut your mouth for a sec?" Daiki kicked the door. They need to live in this house for the time being since he can't afford to pay the rent for another house. This mansion is a perfect gateway for him to keep hide until his situation calm for a while.

      Y/n raised her head to look at her mother. Then, she turned her head to look at her father. They have been fighting quite often lately. When Y/n asked her mother, she said there was nothing to worry about. She said that Y/n too young to know about it anyway.

       That late night, after they briefly cleaned the house, Y/n falls asleep in the empty room that her mother told her to use. But now, she awakes from her sleep as she heard loud thunder sounds from her room. As usual, she will go to her mother to find some comfort. So, without delay, she gets down from the old bed, walking out of her room as she rubs her sleepy eyes. She's not familiar with this big, scary house. Her father said all of this is temporary until they find the new house. Therefore, she'd not complain anything.

       "Mom..." Y/n muttered. She stands on her tip toes to open the door of her mother and father's bedroom. It should be beside of her room since her mother said they will sleep in the bedroom next to Y/n.

      Once Y/n opened the door, she's entering her head and peeking if someone's inside the room.

      "Now, tell me! How will Y/n survive all of this? She's nine years old. You cannot stop her from going to school. She needs an education!"

      "Just send her to any school nearby," Daiki replied.

      "How we're going to send her to school if we're in the middle of nowhere?" (M/n) already put her both hands on her waist. "Do you even have the money to send her to school?"

      "Can you be patient? I've said I'll figure out something." Daiki scrubs the cigarette butts to the floor. He takes another cigarette out of the box. Too tension to stop smoking.