27 : Learn To Love Him

"Don't leave me ever again, Y/n... I'm not letting you go."

     A weak smile formed on Y/n lips when she heard Shin's honest request. More like a demand by his desires. Surely, that kind of statement makes her speechless. - Leaving her with no other choice than to remain silent. Y/n can't promise him anything that she doesn't even sure of. Of course, anything can happen in the future. Death, fate or even feelings are something that no one can predict or make it happen like they want it. In addition, Shin doesn't seem to age like humans. He still looked young and handsome as before. Nothing changes. So, the term of 'never leaves him' is something that she can't answer at all.

      Y/n blinked her eyes slowly as she rid the remaining tears away from her (e/c) eyes. She can feel Shin's hand patted the back of her head as his hands go down to the back of her body, gently soothing her. She admitted that the way he hugged her, calm her down and makes her feel so comfortable to keep snuggle on his shoulder. He smelled just like the way she recalled her memories, sort of fresh, with a hint of flowers... Like stepping into a garden. Y/n took a deep breath and deliberately sniffed Shin's shirt. There's the slightest hint of a man's cologne on his shirt. - The scent that she always smells on Shin nowadays whenever she was close to him. Not too strong. Just perfect with his nature smells that she remembered.

Your POV

       "I still can't believe that I cut your wing, Shin-kun." You whispered, voice muffled by Shin's shirt. On a second later, both of your hands unwrapped his neck as your hands leaning down to his shoulder. Your head still resting in the same place and you don't have the intention to remove it for now.

       "If I've never done that...." A small sigh escaped from your lips. "You definitely able to fly back to heaven; or at least, you able to fly anywhere."

        Your hands really want to touch the back of his body, the place where you cut his wing. Your mind starts to wonder if there a scar on his back. If there is, how bad the scar looks? Is it big and obviously seen? However, thinking about it makes you feel scared to put your hands on his back. You scare if you lose control and keep blaming yourself...

        "You don't have to blame yourself, Y/n. I'd rather lose my other wing than fly off to somewhere... anywhere, without you. Let it be heaven or not, you are the place where I should belong to." Shin nuzzled on your neck, running his fingers onto your hair. You can tell he smells your hair when you feel a light breath on your ear. How can he say all of that without thinking about himself? Doesn't his wings important to him? How blinded, he is in love? God...

       "You deserved someone better, Shin-kun." You close your eyes. He really loved you. -Severely, terribly, seriously falling in love with you; and you well aware of his feelings. Not that you don't have any of feeling towards him, but you don't want to blind yourself by the sympathy of what has he going through. You want to love him because you fall for him. Not by any other aspect. It's true that you feel flutters in the pit of your stomach for him. Nonetheless, his 'great love' towards you makes you feel humble on your own feelings. - The guilt to have him, the feeling of not worthy for him, and you feel awry to accept his feeling. So, he supposed and deserved to have someone better. - Maybe another beautiful angel or any other creature out there.

        "What did you say?" Shin pulled away from a tight embrace, furrowed his eyebrows as his gray and suddenly appeared red eye staring sharply at you. Both of his hands held firmly on each side of your arm. It's not hurting you, but securely holds you from going anywhere.

        "What did you say, Y/n?" Shin repeats.

        You swallow hard, looking at his eyes; his mismatched eyes staring at you with desperation for your answer.