20 : A Fallen Angel

Shin POV

        “Once, before. But now, I’m the fallen one.” I said while staring at Y/n. She looked so surprised; nothing unusual about that. She's starting making that face since I suddenly opened up my left wing. Trying to make sure that Y/n is not hurt in any way when she fell off from the cliff. How dare she want to hurt herself? Not a chance as long as she with me.

        “Are you okay, Y/n?” I asked her, worriedly. Y/n on the other hand; still staring at me and blinked her cute eyes as if human kids asking for a candy. I know it’s hard for her to hear the truth. - The truth that I am not a human. The truth that I planned to keep it from her until the right time comes. 

        “Y/n….,” I softly called her name. 

        “I-I can’t believe… Y-You-You are….”

        “I know. Take your times, Y/n. We should get back to the house.” I worriedly said to her. This is not the time for her to accept who I am. She hurt her ankle. She needs a treatment right away since I don’t like at all seeing her in a painful state. I want to take her back home, but her frozen state worries me more. Like she wants to continue staring at me and she doesn’t want me to go anywhere right now. Her eyes… seemed like she wants to keep asking me something.

        “Wait. When you let out your wing... Is it hurt?” Y/n asked me. I almost laugh when I heard her question. Is that her question that she wanted to ask? I never thought a human can ask such of this question. - Probably because I rarely showed my wing to any other humans. I forgot the last time I let it out to be seen. However, I usually let it out when I'm alone, though...

        “Not at all, Y/n,” I answered her question with a smile on my face.

        “How do you wear a shirt and hide your wing like that? I’ve never seen a bulge on your back. How do you do that?” 

        I ended up burst into laughter. Can’t help it, she's too cute! She seems interested with my wing rather than asking me about not being a human. I thought she was in shocked to accept that I am a fallen angel; but, her questions surely far away from my assumption. Is that what she worried or surprise about? 

       “Why are you laughing?” Y/n narrowed her eyebrow, innocently looking at me.

        “I've found your question quite funny, Y/n.” I stopped laughing and just curled my lips into a smile for her. She crossed her arm and say, 

        “It’s not a funny question at all….” 

        I continue to smile. “I have the ability to hide my wing and let it out as I want. Is that answering your question, Y/n?”

        She keeps in silent for a moment before she opened her mouth to keep asking me.

        “Why you have only one wing? Where is the other one?” 

        My smiles fade a little bit. The next question from her is not surprising to me. And I don’t intend to explain myself about it to her. She has been through a lot for today. So, I don’t think she should listen to any of my stories. I glanced over my wing and hide it as usual. If she keeps seeing my left wing, she will be raining me more with her questions.    

        “I'll prefer if you don’t know about it, Y/n. At least, not for now…” I said, standing up and walking towards her. She raised her head and staring at me… Again. -With her big (e/c) eyes. The only eyes that can melt my cold heart…

        “Do you want to ask me something besides asking about my wing, Y/n?” I asked her. I can read from her eye that she wants to tell me something. I just can’t figure out what.