[17] The Date

well, Navery shippers, I hope I satisfy your needs within this chapter c;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall Horan

"Did she cancel on you?" Liam asked, taking a bite into an apple that was on the counter. It had only been a few hours since the doctor visited, saying that Aimee would be fine, and my not-so-date date with Avery was creeping up, with only a half an hour to go.

"No. She's worried about bein' without Aimee, though. I kept tellin' her that it'd be alright." I sighed. "Harry said that he'd watch some movies with her and put her to bed fairly early. Just make sure she doesn't run around or anything."

"We don't want her to have another asthma attack, for sure." Liam nodded. "That had me proper scared, mate. Like, I had no clue what to do." He shook his head, remembering it.

"Her inhaler's gotta stay on the table like Avery said, unless you'll need it. But you won't." I didn't want to put those thoughts into my head.

"Relax, Niall." Liam chuckled. "We've got it, alright?" I could tell that he was scrutinizing me, and I bit my lip. It was so obvious my feelings for Avery, and he knew that. He smirked. "You like her a lot, don't you?"

I nodded, feeling more nervous. "I think it's been her this whole time. I just don't want to mess this up, ya know?" He nodded.

"Just be yourself, that always wins them over. I don't think I've ever seen you nervous for a date like this before, man." Liam smiled. "You taking her out to a fancy restaurant?"

I chortled.

"No, we're getting wings." I admitted. Liam laughed and I went red.

"I'm not good at these things, and you know that! I reserved the whole restaurant, it's on a rooftop that's got these glass bars around it, and it's heated since it's freezin' here, and I just want everything to be perfect, ya know?" He nodded in understandment.

"You gonna try and make a move?" He asked, throwing his apple core into the trash bin.

"I dunno." I admitted, shoving my hands in my pockets. "I don't know if she wants to move that fast or if she even likes me."

"Here's what I think; you need to stop doing what makes you comfortable and just go for it. You'll never know if you never try." He added. And he had a point, of course. It seemed that Liam was always full of good advice.

"What should I wear?" I asked, a bit panicked.

"Clothes." He said sarcastically, smirking at me. I hit him in the chest and he groaned. "Just don't wear sweats, wear jeans. Something nice and simple." I nodded, making a mental note.

Suddenly, the hotel room door opened and Harry came in with Aimee, who was on his back. When she saw me her eyes lit up and she reached for me. I don't think I'll ever get over that, how much she truly loved me. It gave me hope that maybe, if Avery's daughter loved me, so would she.

"Daddy," She giggled. I smiled and fixed her hair that was still a bit of a mess from her nap earlier today.

"Hiya, Aimee. Where's mummy?" I asked. She shrugged and pointed to some movies that Harry had in his hand.

"We gonna have movie and popcorn." She informed me.

"Sounds fun." I smiled, sitting her up on the counter. Aimee gasped, looking below her, and I held her tightly so she wouldn't fall. "Are you gonna be good for Harry?" She nodded obediently.