[51] Finally Back

.

.

  Jake Yoder

.

.

  "So now what?" I wondered out loud, a cigarette placed between my fingers. I was sat with Kate in an empty alleyway in New York City with my hood over my head.

  "Relax," Kate said. "Marcus is probably dead by now so he can't give anything away. We know that Niall and the rest of those boys will be somewhere in New York with Avery, so that narrows down the places. We'll find them."

  I sometimes wondered how Kate seemed so calm through everything. Now practically the whole world was looking for us and it never fazed her. She was always so tough and lacked emotion to the point where I wasn't sure if she had emotions anymore.

  We sat in silence, listening to the bustling of traffic just outside our little hidden nook. The smell of smoke filled the small space and the shadows of nearby buildings practically swallowed us whole. It was hard for me to sit still knowing that people were coming after me. 

  Kate had already told me millions of times that nobody would think to look in our alley. After a while I just had to accept that we wouldn't find a better, more hidden shelter, and that we would have to stay here for tonight. It was risky, but we didn't have many options.

  "Hey, Jake?" Kate finally spoke up. 

  "Mm?" I mumbled, trying to get comfortable on the concrete ground.

  "Why do you still want her?" Kate's eyes were filled with curiosity. "I mean, this girl clearly has moved on and she's not even worth it. Can't you see how much pain she's caused you? I say screw her, she's trash anyway." Kate started laughing, as if this was funny.

  "I don't love her anymore, no." I admitted with a small smile. "But I don't want her to move on. She isn't allowed to. I told her that she wouldn't go back to him and somehow she managed to do it, so I've changed motives."

  Kate's eyebrows raised and she waited for me to continue.

  "When I get my hands on her, I'll kill her and the boy."

.

.

  Avery Holmes

.

.

  "I can't believe it." I laughed, absolutely shocked as I stepped out of the tour bus. 

  We were actually at Motel 6. It seemed like a completely different place than we were three and a half months ago. But, here it was in the same exact spot at it was, still vacant. I wondered why they didn't close this Motel 6 down because of how little income it probably made.

  "We're back, babe." Niall chuckled, leaning in and kissing my cheek, causing me to blush. Even now he still could make my cheeks go red at the littlest thing.

  "This is what you kids got all excited for?" Louis asked. "I'll bet it doesn't even have a pool!"

  "Yeah, but it has memories." I reminded him, holding Aimee's hand as we walked back to the front office. The last time I had checked in to this place was when I was living an absolute nightmare. To think that so much has gone by since then was absolutely crazy.

  One by one, we all piled into the office. Niall, Aimee, and I were the last ones to enter. Everyone else stood around awkwardly as Shirley squealed and rushed up to Niall and I with a cigarette in her one hand, just like she did before.