Chapter 1

* Chapter 1- A Day in the Life *

"Lucy hurry up! We're going to be late!" My mother yelled from downstairs. "I know mom, I'm coming!" I tied my hair into a pony tail and ran down the stairs. My mother, who was always trying to get me to places on time, was impatiently unlocking the car for me to get inside with her.
The car ride was silent. No words spoken until my mother decided to break the streak of silence, "Lucy, I know you don't like the idea of us in Liverpool. I know all your friends miss you, and you miss them. But please all I ask of you is to give this a chance. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone who likes the same things you do." My mother had a kind heart but I never understood why we had to leave London. It was cleaner than Liverpool and everyone was nicer. "Ok mom.. I guess." I wanted to say more but I bit my lip instead. "Well, I talked to your school, they have music classes, your instrument is in the trunk. But unfortunately the band class doesn't allow the bass guitar." I nodded at her comment.
We arrived at the school. I got out of the car my bag slouched on my shoulder and headed towards the trunk. Once it was opened I looked at the large black case and carefully took it out. My mom waved at me and wished me good luck. The first days we're the worst, and as a junior, it's harder. Everyone in my class already knows each other, making me the outsider.
I sighed as I walked into the building knowing that all eyes were on me. Thankfully the office wasn't to far away. I scurried in there and went over to the desk. I fixed my hair, releasing it from the pony tail. "Hi, um, I'm Lucy, really it's Lucille.. I need my schedule?" I said shyly. "Oh, your the new student, 3rd year? correct?" I nodded. "I'll be right back, by the way, I'm Ms. Smith, the secretary for the school, I know everything about this school, history, teachers students, drama. You just come to me if you have any problems." She said warmly. I laughed softly and nodded. As she left I noticed that she was pretty young given her job. Maybe that's why she knows all the drama. I fixed my leather jacket.
While, I waited I moved the black case closer to me. It was almost my height, it was heavy, and thick. I made sure it had my name tag on it. Just then, a boy walked in. He was tall almost auburn hair, brown eyes. He had a smirk and winked at me, I looked down and blushed. I looked up to see him close to me, "Hey, you new here?" He asked closely, yet it sounded so distantly. I nodded. "What grade?" The boy asked as he took in my appearance. "Junior. You?" He smiled "Same, I guess I'll see you more often." Ms. Smith came back and handed me the schedule. "You should be heading off to homeroom, the both of you." She said as she look at the boy on the last part.
He took my schedule from my hand and studied it. "Can I have it back?" I asked somewhat shocked and angered. He laughed to himself as he handed it back to me. "We have 5 classes with each other in a row. Except for the last classes." "Then you two should get going!" Ms. Smith said. The boy nodded and started heading out. "Be careful with him, he means trouble from what I hear." Ms. Smith said before I left. I nodded and headed out.
"So what is your name?" He asked me with a somewhat thick Liverpool accent. "Lucy Robertson." I replied. "Well, I'm John Lennon; Pleasure to meet you Lucy." He took my hand and kissed it. "I'm guessing your not from here.. just listening to your accent you sound like your from.. hmm" I laughed a bit. "Now don't tell me... London?" I nodded proudly. "And you're from Liverpool?" I teased him. He nodded "Born and raised." he laughed.
We walked into our homeroom together and all the girls stared at John. He smiled back at them lazily and sat down with me. I turned around to see all the girls giving me rude faces.
"Hello class, I am Mr. Johnson, your Homeroom teacher. If you have any problems with your schedule see me so I can write a pass to the office.." The teacher was monotone. I automatically tuned out. John tapped my shoulder. "So Ms. Robertson, what's in the case?" He asked pointing at the rather large case. "My instrument" I teased. "Elaborate please?" He smirked. "Cello, I'm in the orchestra.." I looked down at my schedule "It's my last class of the day." He nodded. "That class is near mine." He smirked again. "You're just all smirks, aren't you?" I asked jokingly. He nodded "Why yes, yes I am."
The bell rang and we left the class room. "Here, let me carry this for you." John offered as he tried taking my cello into his rough hands. "It's ok, I got it." I said. "No, no let me." he insisted as he successfully took the cello. I smiled, "Thanks." He nodded. "So how long have you been playing?" He asked raising the cello a bit. "Almost my entire life. I would've played bass guitar, but they don't allow the rock styled basses here.. Do you play anything?" I asked. "Yeah, guitar actually. I'm trying to start a band." He smiled. "You like rock?" He asked after a moment of silence. "Yes! I love rock!" I said excitedly. He chuckled lightly.
We walked into our next class. I don't remember much about that class mainly because I was thinking about John. I tried recalling his features so I wouldn't stare. His auburn hair, rough structure, long nose, and his brown eyes. They resembled mine but they were different. His were cold and distant, but everything else seemed so warm and close. As if he were trying to be close to me but something kept him away.
In each class we went together until 5th, I caught him glancing back at me. I blushed each time. Then the bell rang for lunch. John and I walked out together. "Well, here's the fun part." He smirked again. "Excuse me?" I asked startled from my thoughts. "Lunch, you're coming with me, I know some guys and I want you to meet them." He laughed from me reaction. "Oh, yeah sure." I tried sliding a smile onto my face, but it came on weirdly. He laughed at my face. He took my cello in his rough hands once again, and we walked to the outside lunch area.

*******
A/N: Hello! I'm making a Fanfiction (obviously haha).
Let me in on the main Character, Lucy. Her real name is Lucile (Lucy for short) She has long brown hair that is down towards the middle of her back. She has brown eyes, and a kind smile. She plays cello, and bass guitar. Not your average girl. Born in London but moved to Liverpool. So yes she has a more posh accent than most people.
Be sure to leave comments, vote and stuff! Have fun reading this!