Chapter 39

* Chapter 39: Here, There, and Everywhere *

The door was left open as my eyes roamed around the room lit with nothing but candles, red roses everywhere. On the bed, on the dresser, on the nightstand, on the floor, everywhere. Rose petals in front of me forming, "I'm Sorry."

John was behind the words, now walking towards me.

We were close to each other now, or chests pressed together, "Lucy I'm s-" I cut his words off with my lips.

"It's ok, I forgive you. This. All of this was everything I needed to know that you wouldn't do it again. John, I love you, forever and ever. Sure what you did was wrong, but just by doing this, I know that you really are sorry." I spoke as his face relaxed into the familiar warm smile that grew.

John looked into my eyes unsurely, "Lucy, I want you to know that all this isn't some grand gesture just to win you back. I've never done this, hell, I didn't even come up with this idea, Loretta did. I just wanted to pick you up from the train station and say sorry, I even wrote a song for you." John held the crumpled piece of paper with lyrics written before he continued, "Lucy, I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. You make my knees go weak by just looking at me with those beautiful eyes. That night, in Hamburg, at the club, I don't know what happened. I don't even remember what happened before. But just seeing you, run off, seeing you with that look of pain.. I nearly died. I remember chasing after you, I went back inside to the club and couldn't find you. I ran to our room to see bloody Pete. And he kicked me out of the room because I couldn't stop crying. Me. John fucking Lennon crying. I wasn't myself, especially when I beat Stu. I couldn't handle the fact that you left me. I couldn't deal with the fact that I hurt you. I just couldn't stay in Hamburg. Everything was reminding me of you. And so did everything here. That's why I told the boys to come back and ask if you were joining. Even if you didn't want me, I wanted to apologize. And now, look at us, in our bedroom, and although you say that you forgive me, I can't believe it, I love you. With all my heart, but how could you forgive a cheater?" His teary eyes searched for mine.

My eyes met his and I smiled softly. I don't think my voice was strong enough to go louder than a whisper, "John, I love you. And I was hurt, but I forgive you. You chose to stay with me when I did drugs. You stayed with me. I fucked up. You did too. So how could I not forgive you. You made me stop. John, I'm sorry. And I forgive you." I would be lying if I said that we both didn't cry in front of each other. "I forgive you too, Lucy."

His lips came to meet mine which formed the longing kiss that we both had waited for.

"I love you." John repeated as his lips met mine again and again until they ventured to other parts of my body..

**********

Our bodies were now intertwined around one another and John smiled smugly at me. "I'll never let you go." He whispered as his eyes locked with mine. "And I'll always catch you." I blushed.

John kissed my forehead and looked at me again. I looked into those longing brown almost hazel eyes that longed for me and only me, he finally spoke again. "Lucy?" I raised my eyebrow, "What is it, John?" He looked at me, "Will you leave me?" I smiled and shook my head, "No John, I won't."

"Lucy?"

"Yes, John?"

"Are you still there?"

"Yes, John, I'm still here and I'll never leave you."

I smiled blissfully as his lips met mine.