Chapter 13

* Chapter 13: *

We laid on the grass breathing evenly. John had his arm around me as I tried covering myself with his body. "Wow." I spoke after a few moments of silence (aside from the heavy breathing.) John turned his head to my and chuckled, "Told you I'd make you feel good."
"Who said that felt good?" I teased as I pecked his lips with mine. "That's not what you said a moment ago." He winked. "Well, um, who said I wasn't lying?" I giggled. "Well, Lucy, then I'd have to work on that." John smirked.
John and I laughed softly and began to look for the articles of clothing that we stripped off.
Once we had our clothes back on we brushed off the loose pieces of grass and leaves that might've stuck on. John led me out of the thickets and back to where we were. "John, is your face red?" I said trying to choke back a laugh. "What? No! Don't be silly." John said in a silly posh accent. "Oh I think you are Johnny boy." I felt his cheek before continuing, "And look your face is warm too." He rolled his eyes smiling, "Maybe I'm just happy."
We walked laughing at silly comments about people walking on the opposite side of the street. John and I walked back to my house and entered. "Do you want some water?" I asked walking towards the kitchen. "Um, yeah sure." John spoke as he looked around. "You looking for something Lennon?" I teased. "No, no, it's just that you're house seems so organized." He huffed. I smiled and walked over with the blue tinted glasses of water. He nodded and drank. "So where's that bass?" John asked turning back to me. "What?" I asked somewhat shocked that he remembered. "You play bass, don't you remember, you told me." He chuckled. "Yeah, like the first day we met." My face went pink for a brief second before I covered it with my hands. "Well then, let's go, where's the bass?" He asked. "Come on then, I'll show you." I said gesturing towards the stair case.
I led John to my room where my bass was. "Well here we are." I announced as I entered my neat room. "Woah, is that a fender?" He asked surprised. "Yeah." I said picking it up to admire the dark purple and black bass.
I plugged the bass into the amp and turned it on. John sat down on my bed and leaned towards me to listen.
I began to strum the low sounding instrument. Playing in a slap style, making each note accented.
Whenever I played the cello I felt prim and proper. Which I did enjoy, the feeling of being needed, acting a certain way. It was nice. But with bass, it was different.
The bass was a loose, yet firm instrument. Strong, yet quite. Filling the empty spaces, free of roaming around, yet needing to be maintained. I was free to play wherever needed.
I felt free with the bass.
As I hit each low note a new mood was created. Producing each emotion that I wanted to show.
When I looked up John stared at me. My face went red, "What? Did I sound bad?" I got nervous, never seeing his face mold like that. "No! That was really good!" John said smiling widely. He got up and walked towards me, "This bass is beautiful. Just like you." He lightly kissed my forehead. I smiled, "You're not so bad yourself ." I winked.
I began to play a slow, sultry rhythm. John gently lifted my chin and kissed me. The syncopated notes gradually slowing down. I put the bass down and turned off the amp before kissing him again.
I pulled my lips away, making our foreheads touch. "You know bass players are the best?" I spoke softly. "In what sense? I think guitarists are pretty gear if you ask me." He laughed. "Well did I ask you? I think not!" I said as I stuck my tongue out at him. "Because you know it's true!" He spoke haughtily. "Name one gear guitarist then." I said eyeing him. "Me." He said proudly. "Huh, sure." I said laughing. "Lucy, you shouldn't have said that." John said inching in towards me. I looked unsure of his movements.
"Come here." He said grinning naughtily. I raised an eyebrow quizzically. He stretched out his long fingers and began to move them towards my sides. I laughed uncontrollably "John! John! Stop! Stop it!" He started to laugh, "Not until you take it back!"
I wouldn't say I was the most ticklish. Okay, maybe just a little bit.
"Fine! Fine! I take it back!" I laughed loudly. We both fell onto the ground from laughter. After a while, John stopped the tickling. "Well, at least you took it back." John chuckled. I hit him lightly on the chest.
John turned to see the clock . 6 pm. "Well Lucy, It's getting late. And I don't want your parents to see me here, plus my Aunt is coming back tonight, so I should get going." John sighed. "Yeah, I guess. I'll see you tomorrow then?" I replied. He nodded as he got up. "Of course, luv." John helped me up once he was up right.
I walked him down to the door and kissed him. "Good night." I smiled. He placed his hands on the crook of my neck and kissed me again. "Good night, luv." John grinned. He walked off towards the sunset. He turned to wave back. I blew him an air kiss and giggled. He 'caught' the kiss and put it in his pocket. "Saving it for a rainy day." He shouted as he walked off. I smiled and shut the door.
Tomorrow.
Tomorrow is when everyone will know. When everyone will see us. Together. When everyone will know that we are taken.
Tomorrow.. It made me nervous.

*******
A/N: I think the secrets may start to surface, but not right away.. Just give it some time. But in the meantime, please comment, vote and what not. I really want to hear your opinions!