Chapter 8

* Chapter 8: Oh! Darling *

John broadened his shoulder before speaking. "Well Lucy, looks like you're coming home with me." I laughed at his comment and nodded sarcastically, "Yeah I am." We stayed and listened in on others. Mainly guys hitting on girls, while the girls just take the drink and leave them. Quite amusing when you think about it.

John began to yawn from the lack in interest. "You wanna go?" He asked as he gestured to the door. "Yeah sure." I nodded as we began to leave the booth. Once we were outside, the cold began to hit me hard. And my navy button up blouse was not going to cut it. I suddenly felt John's warm arm protectively around me. "It's cold put isn't it?" He asked oddly.

'Out of all the things you could bring up, you chose the weather.' I thought to myself sarcastically.

Instead, I simply nodded in agreement while my teeth chattered softly. I bit my lower lip so I could calm down on the chattering.

"Did you really think that Rory guy did good?" John asked after a few blocks. "Eh, he wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst either. He's decent, like if I needed a last minute band, I'd go for them." I said turning my head briefly to see John's reaction. "Why not the Quarrymen?" John asked me trying to sound innocent. "Because, they'd be the first band I'd call." I smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

John suddenly stopped to a familiar looking home. "We're here." He smirked. I followed him inside to the warm cozy feeling that displayed a small table, sofa, television set, and library selves filled with numerous amounts of books that were most likely in need of dusting.

"I know, this looks like an old lady's house. That's my aunt's sense of decor." John said half disgusted. I chuckled, "It seems quite cozy actually."

"C'mon then, let's go to my room." John began to lead me to his bedroom. When he opened the room, my guesses were accurate. Papers everywhere, stacks of books in a corner holding a cup of water. A beaten up Guitar on the floor towards the corner. John began to blush as he ran and began to pick the papers up, "Sorry, um it's nothing really." He attempted to sound clear but it came out embarrassed and chopped. I giggled as he frantically ran around the room, "Here let me help." I offered. He shook his head, "Um, no no I got it." John picked up the papers and shoved them into a big pile in the corner.

"Have a seat." He gestured towards the bed. I sat down and John laid down on the bed. "So Lucy." John said looking at the ceiling. "Yes John?" I said looking around. "Are there any special guys in School?" He asked lazily. I began to feel my cheeks heat up. "Um not anyone in particular.. What about you? Any special girls?" I said three octaves higher than my normal voice. "Same. I mean there is one girl." John mumbled on the last part. I turned my head towards him "Who is she?" I asked like a small child. "No one." John's cheeks began to turn redder with each second passing by. "John Lennon, who is this mystery girl?" I asked hoping it was me.

Although we had known each other for a couple months now, and we are good friends, I wanted this to evolve. Into something new. I always thought he was cute, and hopefully I'm that girl.

"Well then she won't be a mystery then, now would she?" John smirked. I looked down slightly. "Lucy, are you ticklish?" John asked looking away. "Huh?" I said not realizing the question. John jumped up from the bed and started to stretch his hands out towards me. I moved past his arms and ran towards the other end of the room. John followed and tackled me onto the follow tickling me. "John! Stop it!" I cried from laughter. He laid on top of me laughing. I took this opportunity and flipped us over. "Woah, little lady." John laughed. "Well I'm not that little if I can tackle you." I winked. "Ok, I give up, you win." John said as he tried to raise his arms from my grip. I smiled triumphantly and loosened his grip. John got up and managed to put me on his lap.

"You know I still haven't figured you out?" John said as he laid his head against the wall. "And why would you want to?" I asked gazing into John's brown eyes. He looked into my eyes, "Because you're the mystery girl." He said softly.