Chapter 9

* Chapter 9: Good Night *

I looked at John in complete shock, "What?" He nodded and looked down. "You're the mystery girl." he repeated pushing his greased hair back in place. He looked down at the floor, past me, trying to hide his sudden look of insecurity in his eyes.

I smiled slightly trying to control my eagerness, "It was always you, when we first saw each other in that office I had to meet you.. I tried figuring you out because I care about you.." John admitted softly.

He actually admitted his feelings towards me. "Well don't just sit there, say something." John spoke nervously. I nodded and smiled, "You. It's you. I thought the same thing when I saw you." He smiled and put my head on his chest. "Oh thank god, I thought you liked that Nate kid." I giggled, "He's in a relationship with this violinist. And he's very picky." He laughed softly and kissed my forehead. "So I have a question for you." John spoke. I looked up at him. "Will you be my girl?" John asked smiling. I smiled and placed my lips on his warm cheek. "Does that answer your question?" His face went even more red.

We got up and laid on his bed. "So.." John said awkwardly. "What?" I asked turning to face John. "Well what's going to happen when we come back to school on Monday?" John asked shyly. "Well we go to school and act like nothing changed.. Except for that fact that we're dating. Why do you ask?" I chuckled. John shifted uncomfortably, "Well whenever I date a bird they act as if nothing ever happened as if we aren't dating until we're alone. And even then it was just pure sex. I don't want a relationship of just sex, I want a relationship where we can talk, and listen to one another, and really love each other." I looked at him and smiled, "Well I'm not like any other bird, I want the same thing, I want to talk and listen and love." John wrapped his arms around me and smiled. "Well that was deep." He chuckled. "I have a question too." I said as I nuzzled against John's chest. "What is it love?" He replied softly. "Well how are we going to break the news to Kate?" I laughed. "Well I guess I'll let her down easy."

It half past 11 and we were on John's bed laying there holding one another. Gazing into each other's eyes. John's brown eyes made me love him even more. Sure, brown eyes could be considered boring, but John's could make me get lost in them. They were so alluring and yet seemed so far away. As if each second was the last second I'd ever see them.

He got up and walked towards the closet. I slowly rose questioning his sudden actions. He handed me a shirt, "Here so you don't damage your outfit." I smiled, "Thanks, um where's the bathroom?" I said gestured to the shirt. "Down the hall last door on the left." He chuckled. I walked out the room and followed his instructions. On the walls were pictures delicately hung. Mostly of John and some of him with his aunt. I smiled at a picture of him that could've been about 8 years of age.

I found the bathroom in no time and shut the door. Thankfully, John's shirt was long so it covered most of my body. I carefully folded the navy blue top, and the black pants. Then placed it on top of my tan wingtip shoes. When I walked back to John's room the door was open and he laid on his bed in a simple white t-shirt and black boxers. His hair had no sign of gel anymore. I sat on the bed and smiled at him. He was scribbling on another sheet of paper, His eyebrows furrowed together. He looked up and to my surprise he wore glasses. Much like Buddy Holly's, "I didn't know you wore glasses." I spoke as I squinted my eyes playfully. He looked down, "Yeah, this is my Buddy Holly look." I looked into his brown eyes that were beginning to overcome with embarrassment and shame.

"Well, I think it's cute on you." I smiled and leaned over to kiss the top of his nose gently.

John smiled and took of the glasses and headed over to the bright lamp that rested on the floor near his bed. "Well it's midnight, we better go to sleep." John said as he turned the light off. I smiled and slid under the blankets. I suddenly felt John's protective arm around my waist. "Good night, sleep tight." John whispered softly into my ear. I felt his lips caress my neck and found the one spot where he left them. I fell asleep blissfully in John's arms and his lips rested softly on my neck.