Chapter 38

* Chapter 38: This Boy *

Loretta drove George home first, then Paul. "I'll be right back Lucy. You can move up to the front seat if you'd like." Loretta spoke as she helped Paul to the door. (Although she didn't help George.) As Paul and her left, there were various giggles and kisses being stolen.
I went to sit in the front seat, examining the letter again. And again. And again.
It seemed that each time, I couldn't get over each letter, as if each word was molding into some beautiful, amazing picture of John that was settling into my mind.
It wasn't just any picture though. It was one that I was too familiar with.
That perfectly quiffed hair, that white t-shirt and Elvis styled leather jacket that matched his dark washed jeans. His intimidating appearance softens with his flirtatious smirk of his as he had a paper in his hand. Scanning through it that way he did made me recall where I knew this look. It was as if it hadn't been a year, if not more. The memory of our first encounter was still in my mind as of it had happened yesterday.
I was startled by my thoughts when the door opened. "Lucy, you okay?" Loretta giggled as she turned the car back on. "Hm? Oh yeah, just thinking.." She turned to look at me, "About John?" She smiled smugly as I nodded.
"Don't worry, he loves you, and I'm only telling you this because I think you need to hear it," She explained before continuing.
"When John left Hamburg he called me to come pick him up. As soon as I saw him, he hugged me but instead of the usual 'hi how are you? Did you miss me?' type of things that you normally say, he sobbed. Right there, in public, shamelessly. All he could say right there was 'I fucked up, how could I do that to her? I'm sorry..' Right there, in the train station. He kept apologizing as if you were in the car with us. He didn't care who was with him, he'd just keep saying sorry. He was an absolute mess.
"I already figured out what happened, after about an hour worth of tears he explained to me, but his voice was broken, that I had to put two and two together so I could understand. But what I'm trying to say is that I've never seen John like this, especially about a girl. He was heartbroken about what he did to you. He's being sincere, Lucy." Loretta spoke as my eyes watered.
I hugged her tightly, and awkwardly on account of us in a car but it didn't matter, she just made me realize that I made the right decision in coming back.
"Thank you, and I'm ready to go se him." I smiled as she nodded and let go of the embrace so she could drive.
It was silent, and it needed to be. We had nothing to say, she was in pure bliss knowing that she had Paul and I was going to have John. She loved us together, Loretta always told us that. Even before we were official.
The image of John when we first met was in my mind. I couldn't stop smiling so I decided to bite my lip to stop myself.
Before I knew it, the car stopped, and the engine died. "Here we are, Lucy. Go get 'em." she winked as she helped me get my bags out. I took my bags and hugged her again, "Thanks for everything." I whispered. "You're welcome, dear. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to Paul's flat.We have some unfinished things to deal with." She winked as her laugh rang through my ears. I shook my head from soft laughter and let her go see Paul.
The car drove off and I stood in front of the door, frozen.

Frozen. Adjective. Absolutely still.

That's what I was. Frozen. I couldn't move. "Just breathe Lucy, it's just John." That what I was worried about, it was just John. I didn't know what to expect, all I could do was unlock the door with my key.
The door that I had grown to be familiar with. The door that would lead me into the familiar flat that I lived, laughed, and loved in.
All I could do was open the door.
I put the key through the door and unlocked it. "John?" I asked to what seemed like myself until I heard a shuffling of feet. "I'm in our room." I heard his voice crack as he ran around. "Alright?" I spoke unsurely.
The door was shut but I could see dim lighting through the crack. All the lights were off but the windows showed light from outside. I put my bags aside and twisted the door knob slowly.
I opened the door and gasped at the sight,
"John?"

********
A/N: sorry this is really short, but I wanted to leave a cliff hanger. Comment what you think is in the room! lol