Chapter 5

* Chapter 5: Strawberry Fields *

(6 months later)

"John wait!" I heard a voice call from the hallway. I began to giggle at the instant recognition of the voice.

"Kate." John said angrily. "John, dear, you have to wait for me you know!" Kate said annoyed at him leaving. "Look Kate, it's been over a year. Just because no one wanted you except for me.. Which by the way I was drunk, does not mean I am interested by you at all. Now stop it! Go look for your next victim!" John said tiredly.

Kate looked at him and stood closer, "Look honey, of your upset you can tell me, you need some time and I'll give you some time. Ok?" She spoke calmly. I choked back a laugh and looked away. "Kiss my arse Kate." John said sternly. He then turned around, took me by the arm aggressively and walked off with me. "John! Calm down, let go." I said annoyed at his random anger. (And the forcefulness of him dragging me around) We stopped about a block away from the school.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to take you against your will. Kate is crazy, you've probably noticed already though. And I'm so sick and tired of her thinking that I love her!" John started to raise his voice. I backed away as each syllable rose. "John, calm down." I said softly. John sighed, "Come with me?" I raised an eyebrow. "Sure? But where to?"

"You'll see" John grinned childishly. He took my hand in his softly and began to walk with me until we stopped in front of a gate. "John, where are we?" He opened the gates slowly, "Strawberry Fields.." John smirked.

We walked to see a field with some strawberry thickets and an opening. "Let's go!" John laughed running towards an oak tree as if he were a small child. I laughed and ran behind him.

We laid underneath the oak. "Lucy?" John spoke first. "Hmm?" I turned to see him. "Can I tell you something, and can you promise that what I tell you, it can't leave here?" He asked quietly. I turned to face him. He sat up to lean against the tree. "Sure. I don't see a reason to tell anyone anything." I smiled. He smiled back, but it soon faded away. I sat up and faced him.

John opened his mouth and paused. After a moment, he spoke,

"Well, you know how I told you that I couldn't figure you out? Well I don't know why, but I every time I think I'm close to figuring you out, I can't! And the fact that I can't drives me crazy. Like your right there, in front of me and then all of a sudden your gone."

I laughed, "That's what you wanted to say?" He nodded hesitantly. "I don't know, my mind runs in circles about the dumbest things."

I laid my head on his lap. "John, don't worry, you'll figure me out someday. If your lucky." I chuckled. "But in the meantime, you can help with the English assignment." I looked up at John, "What? I don't like reading, especially some story and a girl with too much pride, and a boy with prejudice." He said wailing his arms in defense. "Fine but don't get used to it! I don't like homework either." I said giving in.

After about an half an hour we finished all our work. "Shit." John mumbled. I raised an eyebrow. "Language Lennon." He smirked, "Sorry, I'm going to be late to my band practice.. Well later than what I usually am." I batted my eyes, "John, may I please go to your rehearsal?" He laughed, "You sure? It's going to be a bunch of guys all over the place, swearing, probably some drinking, and rock music." I nodded rapidly. "Yes John! Please! I want to go! And please you don't think I drink? I'm sure I could hold up as long as you could" I said.

John laughed at my last comment "Yeah, right." He stood up and began to walk. I watched him take a few steps until he turned around. "Well are you coming?" He smirked. I ran over to him nearly falling down the slope of the hill. "Careful, I have a rule that people who come to rehearsal have to be in one piece." I chuckled at John's comment.

I've never been to a rehearsal so this should be fun.. I think.