Chapter 16

* Chapter 16: Do You Want to Know a Secret? *

We walked around until we reached back to the bus stop which took us back home. John and I then went to his house. Mimi was out running errands so we just went to John's room. I laid down on his bed as he sat at his desk writing something down.

'I can do it.. Three words, that's all it takes. What if he doesn't feel the same? No. No, he wouldn't have taken me to meet Julia if he didn't love me. Just say it Lucy!' I argued with my self again.

He walked over towards me and kissed me softly after we shared a moment of silence. "What was that for?" I chuckled. He simply looked at me as if he wanted to say something, but instead shrugged. "Because I can." He smirked. I nodded dumbly. He laughed, "You entertain me a lot." I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Well, you just do. The way you move, speak, act. It amuses me. Not in a bad way, it's just that you make me a happier person. Ask anyone." John explained. I smiled. John laid down next to me on his stomach. We stayed like this, gazing into each other's eyes, with the occasional laugh.

Either I was going to tell him now, or never do it. I already know John was not gonna be the first to do it. I was sure of it. He gets all the girls, he got me for crying out loud, but I needed to do it. I needed to get this off my chest.

Now.

"John?" I said calling his attention. "Hm?" He blinked his eyes, focusing his attention towards me. I began to feel my cheeks burn. I felt as if the world stopped turning, waiting for me to say it. I felt as if I stopped breathing, so I wouldn't have to say it.

I breathed in and spoke softly, "I.. Love you.."

John laid there motionless. Not moving, just breathing and blinking. After a moment he smiled. "Finally. I didn't want to scare you away by saying it first. Lucy, I'm in love with you too." I sighed in relief. He got up and began to kiss me. His body coming on top of me closing the empty spaces. "I love you so much." He said in between kisses and started to rock his hips against mine. I smiled and spoke unevenly, "I love you too John."

**********

We laid there on the bed, breathless. "Well, can I tell you something?" John huffed out. I turned to see his sweaty face, "I love you so much." He chuckled. I smiled, "I love you too." I leaned over and pressed my lips against his. "If that's all you say John, then I don't want you to stop talking." I winked. He laughed and wrapped his moist arms around me.

"What time is it?" I asked as I got up from the bed, holding the blanket to my chest. "Almost 3:30" I got up and began to get dressed. "I've got to get going. I'll see you tomorrow, or later. I don't know." I chuckled. John rubbed his eye, "You want to go to rehearsal again?" He winked. I nodded, "Yeah sure, let me call home and let my parents know." He nodded and gestured me to the phone that was on his desk. I dialed my home to hear my mother's voice.

"Hello?" Her faint voice rang through. "Hi mom, it's Lucy, I'm going to be coming a tad late home. But I'll be back before 8" I explained. "Ok, but don't be late. I love you." She sounded tired, most likely due to her waking up from a nap. "Bye mom, love you." I said as I hung up the phone.

John put a tan jacket on, "You ready?" I nodded. He took my hand into his and we headed out to his rehearsal.

**************

A/N: Ahh sorry this shortish chapter. I guess it was a half filler, half needed chapter. Oh well, I just needed to put something. Be sure to comment, vote, share, whatever floats your boat..