Chapter 29

* Chapter 29: Hold Me Tight *

"Oh I, um, didn't feel like going home just yet." I replied softly as I sat close to him. "Well, I'm glad you found me." John slurred happily. I smiled back at him.

"Look, I'm sorry about back there, it's just that I didn't like that you never told me that you were going to meet up with George. I just.. I just got pissed and I didn't want to think that you'd leave me." John explained as he tried not to slur his words.

I don't know why but I did feel bad, "You're right, I should've let you know that I'd be out with George, I'm sorry too." I blurted out. He smiled and crashed his lips against mine. "I fucking love you, don't do it ever again though." John spoke lowly in my ear. I trembled at his words. I nodded slowly. I ordered a beer and drank slowly, trying to regain control of my senses again.

"Lucy, did you smoke before you came here?" John asked. "Cigarettes? No." I replied. At least I was being honest.

"Ok, just asking, it smells like you've been smoking." John spoke. I nodded unsurely. "Alright then. Well, do you want to dance?" John asked as he noticed the band that was playing. "Yeah, I'd like that." I smiled. John gulped down his drink before he took my hand into his as he led me to the dance floor.

It was a slow song, John took hold of my waist and pressed me against him somewhat forcefully. I awkwardly placed my head on his shoulder as he swayed me side to side. I bit my lip as I smelt his cologne and alcohol. An odd mixture that usually smelt familiar, but now it reeked of alcohol and barely had any trace of cologne. "How much have you had to drink?" I asked looking up at his blackened eyes. "Not a lot." He lied. "John, you smell like alcohol, it was a lot." I replied concerned. "I said it wasn't a lot, okay? Just.. Let's just dance." John spoke. I sighed and nodded.

As we danced John slowly began to hold me tighter, and tighter until finally our bodies closed any gaps in between us. "Can you loosen your grip? I'm not leaving you." I asked. John looked into my eyes. The gaze in him was lost, confused, and scared. He nodded unsurely and loosened his grip. I sighed in relief and smiled, "See? I'm still here." He slowly smiled, unsure if I was actually going to leave or not. But he relaxed eventually and let the song take over.

This was the John I loved, not the one that I slapped earlier tonight.

"Lucy, would you like to go? Somewhere else but here?" John whispered into my ear. I could feel his cynical smile begin to form against my cheek. I smiled and nodded. I went back to where we were and took my purse and coat. When I got back, John took my hand into his and escorted me out of the Cavern.

"Where are we going?" I asked. John smiled and continued to walk. "Somewhere." John replied smugly. "Where is somewhere?" I asked playfully. John smirked and continued to walk until we were in the park, surrounded by the thicket of thornless flowers.

John sat down with his legs crossed in front of me. "You're beautiful." John admitted, making me blush. "You're handsome." I replied. He sat up and wiggled his eyebrows. "Thank you, Thank you very much." John attempted an Elvis impression. I began to laugh, "You sounded awful, please don't do an American accent anymore." I raised his eyebrows comically, "I think I do mighty fine job doin' this." He laughed with his faux accent.

We laughed for a while as he continued to do the accent. Once we settled down, John kissed me. It wasn't quite the normal kiss though, it was intoxicated by his drinks and my joint. Thankfully, he didn't taste the marijuana that was fading from my lips. He broke the kiss and smiled, "I love you. Do you want to walk around?" He smiled lazily, as if he just woke up. I smiled and nodded, "Sure."

We were walking, the moon sill not showing itself. No one was around, given how late it is. I'm pretty sure it's almost one.

John took my hand in his and held me close. We'd look at each other and laugh, and not really speak, but I didn't really mind that. He wasn't really speaking, more like slurring was his words together. And me not having to lag every response since I can't entirely comprehend his words at the moment was fine.

I took my other hand and left it in my pocket. My eyes shot open, remembering that the little bag was still in here. I looked at John who seemed quite content with himself. He noticed my reaction and turned to face me, his smile fading. "What's wrong?" He asked as his eyes began to darken.

"What? Nothing." I stuttered. "Lucy, are you having allergies? Your eyes look bloodshot." John asked seriously. I wiped my eyes quickly, "There's just something in my eyes, that's all." My lagged response must've triggered his other side.

Next thing I knew, John stopped walking and pulled me into a dark ally. "Lucy, tell me what's wrong. Now." John said in a low, hoarse voice that chilled my body. I looked around without speaking, my hands still with his and in my pocket. John looked down noticing my hand. "Lucy, are you trying to hide something?"

He raised an eyebrow, giving me the final warning.