Chapter 33

* Chapter 33: All Together Now *

We laid there, in the bed, until sundown. Neither of us really wanted to leave. We just wanted to lay there, embracing each other warmly.
John shifted his body so I would be under his arms. "I love you." He smiled smugly. I smiled and kissed him. "I'm tired." I chuckled. "Well given what we did, and how many times, I could see why you'd be tired." John winked flirtatiously. I chuckled and covered my face, "Oh my god, John." He laughed and pulled my hands away from my face. "No! Stop." I laughed. "Why? I like seeing you blush, it's adorable." He chuckled, making his chest heave up and down.
After a few minutes of what seemed like endless laughter we finally got up and showered. "We should call room service you know," John started as he walked out of the steaming bathroom with his robe. He came close to me, I was brushing my hair and putting it into a simple bun now that I was clothed. "Why?" I asked. "Because they need to change the sheets, unless you want to sleep in sex filled sheets." John chuckled. He looked down at my scrunched up face. "Well, it's almost six, we can go get dinner and let the front desk know." I suggested. John nodded, "Yeah let's invite the lads too."
We walked hand in hand over to each room. Both Paul and George accepted. Pete also accepted, but according to the rest of the boys, none of them have seem Stu.

**********

John walked to the front desk where he let them know that they could clean the room now and headed back to us so we could go out. "So how was last night?" I chuckled, admiring each boys reddening expressions. George chuckled and whispered in my ear, "Us? What about you?" I felt my cheeks redden as well, but that didn't stop Pete from explaining the entertained boys.
"Well, you all saw the lovely blonde bird, right? When I get to her flat, she had a roommate. And she was this wonderful red head. But, as soon as she saw me enter behind, Anna, I think? I don't really remember the name, but the red head left to the front porch and lit her cigarette and waited until she watched me leave. Real nice of her. But this Anna girl, boy was she something. The way her body, her beautiful body was on top of me-"
"Enough! I don't need to know this!" George shot his arm up. "I don't care how good she was, or how bad you were. Probably lasted a minute." George added jokingly. Pete smiled, "Oh Georgie if only you could last as long as me." He winked and patted George's back. John squeezed my hand and began to laugh.
After Pete was oh so graciously kind enough to tell us in great detail of his night with his blonde bird, we arrived to a German diner. We sat down at a booth and got menus from a waiter who saw us walk in. "Alle Getränke?" He asked in a firm low voice. I smiled at the unfamiliar language. "English?" George asked. Pete and Paul chuckled at the question's mocking tone. The waiter chuckled and spoke in broken English, "Oh, englishman, any drinks?" We all smiled and ordered pints. "A boot?" He asked. We all looked around, of course, John knew what the boot was. "Yes please!" He chuckled. The waiter smiled widely and nodded, "Pick food, I'll be back." John put his thumb up in approval and watched the waiter walk away contently.
"What in bloody hell is a boot?" George snapped. "A boot, is a German drinking game. It consists of the whole table to drink from a large boot looking glass filled with beer. The object of the game is to pass the drink around the table but it must be held the whole time until the drinking glass is empty." John explained as small chuckles came out during his explanation.
The waiter came back with the 'boot'. "First drink?" He asked, John lifted his hand. "Here, let's start. Lucy, you'll be next."
The boy handed him the boot and the game began...
We all passed around the boot until John had the last chug. We all laughed as the boot was finally put down. The waiter heard our laughter and decided now would be good to order the food. We all ordered Bratswursts and this time separate pints of beer. The waiter nodded and took the orders to the kitchen.
"How did you know what the boot was?" Paul asked, breaking the small conversations we Had broken into. John began to laugh to himself, "Well I knew this boy, Daniel I think. Well, he was part German, he and his sister we decided to drink, so they taught me the game." John explained smugly. Paul nodded, "So I'm guessing you had a little fun with the sister?" The boys chuckled and I turned to John and laughed quietly. His face went a rad red and nodded, "You could say that." I shrugged the idea playfully off my mind. John noticed my reaction and whispered in my ear, "But not as much as I have with you, luv." He kissed me near my ear lobe which led me to smile.
The waiter came back with the food and drinks. "Enjoy. Let me know if all want another boot." He smiled smugly at us and looked back at me before leaving. We all began to eat and continued to talk.
The conversations were all light hearted and amusing. Most of them consisted of our high school days and what we did and where everyone ended up.
Kate, who finally gave up in her obsession with John, left to the states. New York, I believe, and went on to study Psychology, specializing in Relationship-Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (ROCD) research projects.
Loretta decided to go on and apply for an art school. She stayed in Liverpool, and we still maintained as friends. She's one of my best friends.
"Speaking of Loretta, I should probably call her. Paul, can you come with me?" I asked. Paul nodded immediately. "Why Paul?" John whispered in my ear. I smiled and pressed my index finger to my lips and winked. "It's a secret." He nodded reluctantly in defeat.
Paul skipped a step to catch up to me. "What should I say? Should I wait until we're back?" He asked frantically. I smiled at his nerves and told him, "What do you want? I think you should do it in person." He contemplated with the question until we reached the pay phones.
Paul handed me some coins and I dialed the number from heart. "Hello?" The girls voice rang through the phone. "Hey, it's Lucy, how are you?" I asked happily. "It's going great! We're learning charcoal art in school and I really like it. My teacher said it's possible that I have a true potential in that style." I could hear her smile through her voice. "Oh my god, that's amazing! I'm so happy for you." I exclaimed. She always like art so hearing her, and how happy she was made me smile. "The boys say hi, and speaking of the boys, one of them wants to talk to you." I grinned noting Paul smile dumbly. "Alright, I'll speak to you later then?" She asked. "Yeah, ok, well Ta." I handed the phone to Paul. "Try to play it cool." He nodded and smiled. "Hello?" He asked as I walked away.
I went and sat back down next to John. "Well? What happened?" Pete asked. "Nothing." I smiled and watched the befuddled boys, until George took the hint and began to laugh to himself. "Not again. Please, don't let this be something that you two know." John half groaned, recalling the last time George and I had an inside joke regarding Paul's party.
"Just tell us, luv." John pleaded. I looked at George asking if I should tell them. He shrugged. "Alright, if you must know, Paul fancies Loretta. And he's planning to make it official when we get back to Liverpool." The boys looked around and chuckled, "Do you really think he'll wait 'till then? I mean, he was really obvious. I think she already knows." John spoke up. "I don't really know. He asked me if he should wait, I think he did but I'm not sure if he actually did." I explained. The boys nodded, "John, bet you he didn't wait." Pete chimed in. "Bet what?" John asked, challenging the other. "Loser pays for the drinks for a month." Pete smirked smugly. "Ok deal, Paul didn't ask." John smirked back.
The two shook hands and noticed Paul walk back, smiling widely. "So, how'd it go?" I asked quietly. "It was fine." He smiled. Pete slapped Paul's shoulder, "Details please!" Pete spoke high pitched and batted his eyelashes.
"Well if you want to know, I.. Would really appreciate it if you never do that again." He laughed, batting his long eyelashes. We all laughed and shrugged the topic off.

********
Later that night, we all walked back to the hotel and went our separate ways. "See ya tomorrow lads, remember we have the gig tomorrow night." John waved, as if he were dismissing children to go off to bed. The boys waved back and entered their rooms.
John and I entered our now clean room and got dressed for bed. John had a simple white shirt and dark blue cotton pants. I had a light pink button top and matching shorts. I pulled my long hair back and tied it. John was already laying down in bed when I got there.
Just as I turned the lights off, the door knocked. I turned to John, "Expecting anyone?" I chuckled. He shook his head, "No, you?" I sighed, "I guess I'll go see who it is then." "Alright, be safe." He laughed as I hit him with my pillow.
I turned the lights back on and headed towards the door. Through the peephole, I recognized those doe eyes, and black hair. I opened the door, "Paul? What're you doing here?" I asked. "Can we talk?" He asked biting down on his lower lip as he raised his perfectly arched eyebrow. I nodded and let him enter.
John sat up to watch Paul take a seat on one of the plush chairs, as I sat down on the end of the bed next to him. "What is it now, Macca? Bad dreams?" John chuckled as he moved close to me. "Not exactly. I wanted to ask Lucy something." I raised my eyebrows so he could continue. "Well, as you know, I really like Loretta, but I don't know if I should wait to ask her to be mine, or do it at once. I was scared to do it now. And I don't think I'll ever be ready." Paul mumbled.
John wrapped his arm around me before speaking, "Wait." Paul have him a quizzical look. "Just trust me, if she really likes you then she'll hold off for you." John shrugged. I smiled, "That sounded really nice actually. I agree with John."
Paul grimaced at two things. One, he'd have to wait on claiming Loretta as his. And two, John was right. "Don't worry Paul, she likes you. A lot, actually. She'll wait." I winked in reassurance. Paul nodded, "I guess you're right, I am Paul McCartney after all." He chuckled nervously. "Good, now Paul McCartney will you let us sleep?" John yawned out as he shooed Paul out before allowing an answer from him.
"Goodbye then! Bye Lucy!" Paul shouted out as the door shut on his face. I laughed and scooted back onto the bed as John fell onto it after turning the lights off. He climbed up towards me and rested his head on the pillows before scooping me into his arms and kissing my forehead. "Good night, Lucy." He spoke as I could feel his smile form.
"Good night, John." I kissed his jawline and nestled my head into his chest.