Chapter 2 - Nice to meet you

The next morning Alexis wakes up at 9 am. She makes her bed so that it doesn't look like anyone slept in it. She walks out of the room and leaves the key at the reception and saying "Thank you for letting me sleep here." to the receptionist.

"Good bye, young girl! Hope you make it to someplace safe." say the receptionist and Mr. Jewels to Alexis when she walks out of the hotel.

Alexis looks around to check if the Osbournes are around. After she is sure she is safe she continues walking in the same direction she was walking yesterday. She starts humming 5 Seconds Of Summer's songs, trying to blend in with the Wednesday morning crowd. She looks at her pocket, where she still has around 100 dollars.

"It's enough for breakfast, lunch and dinner and maybe somewhere cheap to stay for the night." she whispers to herself. She looks around and sees a small bakery "La Bakery - french goodies" and she decides to walk in.

"Good morning!" the woman from behind the counter says towards Alexis as she walks in.

"Good morning, miss. May I have..." she looks at the pastries and baked goods "a croissant and an eclair, please?" she looks up at the woman and smiles at her.

"Of course." The woman takes the best-looking croissant and eclair and puts them in two separate bags. "That will be 3 dollars, miss."

Alexis takes out a 5 dollar bill and gives it to the woman. She gives her 2 dollars back and the two bags.

"Have a nice day!" the woman wishes Alexis.

"Thanks. You too." she smiles and leaves the bakery.

Alexis takes out the croissant and bites into it. The taste of chocolate fills her mouth. "Heh. The woman gave me a chocolate croissant. She's nice." she thinks to herself as she chews the croissant. She walks on in the same direction.

10 minutes later she eats the last bit of her croissant. She throws the bag in a container and keeps on walking. She hears a familiar sounding Australian accent. Of 4 men. She recognizes them. 5 Seconds Of Summer were walking in the streets and she had passed by them. She starts singing "Good Girls" and hopes Michael, Luke, Ashton or Calum will hear her. And indeed they do.

"Um, guys. Is it just me, or do I hear Good Girls?" Calum says looking at the other 3.

"I hear it too." Ashton answers.

"Um, I think it is coming from her." Luke points at Alexis.

Michael gets up and walks over to Alexis and puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, are you singing Good Girls?"

Alexis looks at Michael and quickly looks back down at the ground.

"Yeah, I am." Alexis answers shyly.

"Come. Why are so ashamed?" Michael pulls Alexis towards the others. She keeps her face covered because she still has a black eye.

Ashton puts his hand on her back. "Hey, what's wrong?"

Alexis flinches from the sudden touch even though she knows that Ashton, Calum, Michael and Luke won't hurt her. Calum notices that.

"Are you okay? Do you need a hug? A group hug?" Calum walks closer to Alexis and she looks at him, letting her hair fall on her black eye as much as possible.

"H-hey, everybody."

Luke laughs. "You're a fan, huh?"

"Y-you bet." Alexis looks at Luke and smiles.

"You want a picture?" Ash looks at her and smiles.

"If I had a phone, I would've said 'yes please' but I do not."

"What? You don't have a phone? How old are you and why are you outside at half past nine in the morning?" Michael gets confused.

"I'm 14. And I ran away from 'home' last night."  Alexis looks at the ground.

"Why did you run away?" Ashton asks seriously.

Alexis lifts her head up again and pulls her hair behind her ears, revealing the black eye.

"Who did that to you?" Luke looks angrily around.

"Two people who took care of me since I was a baby because my parents had abandoned me when I was one. And for the last 7 years they have been beating me and abusing me." A tear rolls down her face.

Ashton, Calum, Luke and Michael hug her. Calum looks at her in the eyes.

"What's your name?" The four have different expressions - Ashton was serious, Calum was worried, Luke was angry and Michael was sad.

"(Y/N) but they changed it to Alexis when I was 7."

Ashton looks at her and says "(Y/N) suits you better."

Michael looks around and then at (Y/N).

"Do you have anywhere to go? Cause if not. I'm already starting to feel like a parent." (Y/N) looks at Michael with wide open eyes.

"N-no. I don't have anywhere. But what do you mean by feeling like a parent?" The four look at each other but nobody answers her.

Michael takes her hand and starts leading her in another direction.

"Where are you taking me?" (Y/N) looks at Michael confused and then at Ashton, Luke and Calum. Nobody is looking at her and nobody answers her. Michael takes out his phone and calls someone.

"Please, get an ice pack ready and make some tea. We have someone. We'll be home in 10 minutes." He hangs up the phone, looks at (Y/N) and then at Ashton, Calum and Luke. They all nod at each other and continue walking.