Chapter 19 - The conversation afterwards

Once back at home Luke goes to get Petunia food. Cal and (Y/N) stay alone in the hallway.

"Why did you do that?" Cal asks. The silence was getting awkward so (Y/N) is grateful Cal said something. Just... Not what she needed to hear.

"Why didn't you tell me about the lawsuit?" She replies.

"I didn't want to make you concerned, Princess. I didn't want to see you hurt. Now tell me why you ran to the house you ran away from in the first place?"

She sighs. "I wanted him to know... I wrote a note. Explaining everything. I wanted him to know what a piece of shit he is. And I reminded him something was coming up in two days. I didn't tell him what though." The tears start to push out, so she looks down to prevent Cal from seeing her cry.

"Why though? You could've told us that and we could've said it in court."

"If you go to court, I'm coming too. You guys are like my family. I'm not gonna allow you guys to go to court and me not. Let me guess, Crystal will be going too?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm coming too. I'm going to the bathroom." She ends the conversation and walks to the bathroom. Once inside she locks herself in and looks in the mirror. Her eyes give away that she is scared, angry and sad. A few tears are running down her cheeks.

"Next time I see her, I'm slicing her head off." She whispers to herself.

She washes her face.

A quiet knock on the door. "(Y/N)? May I come in?" It's Ashton. (Y/N) unlocks the door and looks Ashton in the eyes. "Luke told me you were at your previous home. Are you ok?"

"Yes. I'm fine. Just... A bit angry. Because none of you told me and Crystal about the lawsuit and I can't believe I had to steal the paper to see it." A tear of anger rolls down her face.

Ashton hugs her, pushes her head in his chest with one hand and the other he places on her back, rubbing up and down gently. "I'm sorry. I told Calum that we should tell you... He said he didn't want you to get hurt. Scared. Please, don't cry..." He kisses the top of her head.

Meanwhile many more tears escape and his shirt soaks them all up. (Y/N) hugs Ash and pulls herself more into his chest.

"Y-you should've at least texted me..." She says through his shirt.

"Truth is... I didn't want you to cry either. I hate it when people cry and especially when they are close to me." She looks up.

"You concider me as a close to you person?" She smiles.

"Yeah." He kisses her nose. "From the moment you set foot in this house I felt you close to me." (Y/N) hugs him, this time smiling. "Do you need to wash your face again?" (Y/N) nods. "I'm right here." She lets go and goes to wash her face again. Once she is done she follows Ash out of the bathroom and into the living room.

Everyone is sitting down and talking. The moment Ash and (Y/N) walk in they all shut up. Crystal gets up and quickly runs to (Y/N). The two girls hug - one of them out of concern, the other out of needs to hug someone. "You could've gotten hurt." Crystal whispers in (Y/N), still hugging her.

"I know. I took the chance anyway." She whispers in Crystal's ear. Crystal smiles.

"At least you're ok." The two let go of each other. (Y/N) and Ash join the group talk.

"As I was saying." Michael starts once everyone is seated again. "The lawsuit is during our tour. We cannot attend. One of us will write the note to the judge, saying that we'll be busy the whole month. That we'll be out of town."

"I'll do it." (Y/N) says. "I'm in the middle of this. I'll write the note."

"But. Princess. No. One of us has to." Cal replies and points at himself, Ash, Mike and Luke. "We're the ones being sued. Not you."

"And that makes me even more willing to write the damn note."

"Ok. You will. But one of us will be next to you while you write it." Luke says.

"Ok." (Y/N) leans back into her chair, sinking into the backrest.

"We also need to talk about your education. If we send you to school you will have to visit someone very often for a month or so. Or you will regularly skip school if you want to come with us on tour." Mike explains.

"And what if I don't want to go to an actual school? What if I understand more from being homeschooled?" (Y/N) asks and quietly hopes she can be homeschooled by them.

"We can do that. Each of us can teach you something. I mean, I'm already sure Luke will want to teach you maths so bad." Ash says and Luke, by hearing that, jumps up and down in his chair. Everyone laughs at Luke's childish behavior.

"We can teach you." Mike smiles. "Do you want to?"

"If it means I'm spending even more time with you guys, then yes please." (Y/N) smiles at Mike.

"Deal. You'll be homeschooled by us all." Ash laughs.