Chapter 21 - Everything's ok

When (Y/N) wakes up at first she doesn't realise where she is. Then she remembers it's Luke's room and she calms down. She feels an arm thrown around her waist, resting on her belly and a head in her neck. The breathing is calm and slow. She feels a chest pushing her back with every breath.

(Y/N) smiles. Luke is cuddling her. She's safe that way. (Y/N) wishes that he can hug her like this forever, never letting go. Keeping her safe.

A quiet knock on the door. "Luke? Are you awake?" Cal. Luke doesn't even move a muscle. (Y/N) stays quiet.

A minute or so later Cal knocks again, this time harder and in a hurry. "Luke. Luke. (Y/N)'s bed is empty. Luke."

"Shush." (Y/N) says loud enough for Cal to hear her, but not to wake up Luke. "I'm here. Don't worry."

"Ok... But why are you there? In Luke's room?"

"Nightmare. Luke's still asleep."

"Ok. I'll come back later." And he leaves.

(Y/N) puts her hand on top of Luke's and intertwines her fingers with his.

"You're safe with us." Luke whispers.

"I know. Good morning." She whispers back.

"Good morning." He lets go of her and she flips over to face him. He is smiling. His hair is messy and his eyes are half-open, giving off a sleepy vibe. "Why did you come here? Last night? I know you had a nightmare, but... Why not Calum?"

"Because I was still a bit angry at Cal for not telling me and lying to me about the lawsuit. And I already cuddled Ash last night, so. And I don't wanna bother Mike and Crystal." (Y/N) kisses Luke's nose.

"Hehe." Luke puts one of his hands on her back and pulls her into a warm hug.

"This... Isn't a good... Idea..." And she drifts off into sleep, engulfed in Luke's warmth.