Chapter 18 - The mail

The moment (Y/N) sets foot on the sidewalk she starts running towards Jarid's home. She bumps into a couple of people she recognizes, but choses to ignore.

She runs to Jarid's home and stops in front of the post box. She is tempted to drop the note in there. Instead, she walks up the porch to the front door. There is a small mail slot in it. She reads the letter extremely carefully, making sure she doesn't have any grammar or punctuation mistakes. When she is sure her note is 100% correct she slides it through the mail slot. The door opens mere seconds later.

"I KNEW IT WAS YOU, YOU LITTLE BITCH!!" Mary-Ann screams once she sees (Y/N)'s face. "YOU GET INSIDE RIGHT NOW!! YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM THE LIFE GOD HAS CHOSEN FOR YOU!!!" She grabs (Y/N) by the shirt collar and pulls her.

Just behind her, (Y/N) hears a growl. As if a dog is growling at Mary-Ann. (Y/N) whips around to see Petunia on the bottom of the porch steps, growling her face off at Mary-Ann. Next to a tree she sees a bit of hair poke out.

"Get off her." Luke's voice says. That one phrase, that one line, that spells out trouble without using many of the letters.

"Or else?" Mary-Ann tries to play tough. (Y/N) knows that the woman is incapable of any form of self defense.

"I said. Get. Off. Her." Luke's voice sounds so deep, so serious.

"You heard him. Let her go." Cal's voice appears from somewhere close to Luke. Probably like next to him. Petunia is still growling.

"She is not going anywhere. She is staying here, or else we put you in jail for kidnapping!!"

"OK, Cal. Time to put on a show." Luke and Cal walk out of the shadows, dressed in tank tops, revealing their muscles and making Mary-Ann shiver. Luke walks up to the two women on the porch and grabs Mary-Ann's wrist, twisting it and setting (Y/N) free from her grip. Cal immediately hugs her and pulls her back. "Send us to jail for kidnapping, says the kidnapper. (Y/N) lived a lie for almost 14 years of her life!!" Luke pushes Mary-Ann back. "Don't come close to her again. Either you or your twisted husband. Neither of you dare come close to (Y/N) ever again." He slams the door and runs to (Y/N), worry and concern written all over his face. "Are you ok?" She nods. "Come on. Let's get home quickly." Cal hugs (Y/N) and all four, including Petunia the piggy, walk back to the house.