Chapter 23 - A totally normal day

Cal and (Y/N) let go of each other, smiling. "Shall we get ready for the studio?" Cal asks, putting his hands on his hip.

"Yes, of course." (Y/N) laughs and turns to the staircase. She walks up and Cal follows. They go to their rooms and take what they need.

Everyone leaves and goes to the studio where they record another song and have a good time. (Y/N) has forgotten about the nightmare.

When (Y/N) checks her social media, she's got about a hundred thousand followers. "G-guys... how did this happen??" She chuckles and shows it to the boys. Ashton immediately checks his Instagram.

"On my post from yesterday, there are so many comments saying that you are adorable and beautiful and talented and that they have followed you." He smiles and looks at the young girl. Both laugh.

"An early birthday present." She chuckles.

"I guess they like you." Cal chuckles too.

"Yeah." After lunch they review the song, re-record some parts and record the music, after which they go home.

While walking down the street (Y/N) sees a familiar face in the crowd. "Uh-oh." She says and lowers her head.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)? Who did you see?" Luke wraps a protective arm around her and pulls her closer to his body, so that she feels safe.

"Jarid." She whispers.

"Hey, you 4! You took (Y/N)--" Jarid yells, then freezes. "You bitch! You're still with them?!? Even after I filed a kidnap lawsuit against them???"

"Leave her alone, jackass." Michael steps in front of her.

"You can't tell me what to do. You're younger than me. Have some respect for your peers."

"Oh, yeah? Well, I'm taller than you and I'm more mature than you. I think that makes us even. Oh. And I've got a sense of parenting. Something you don't have. So basically, even Luke, the younger one of us 4, is already acting like more of an adult than you."

(Y/N) smiles while looking down at the ground. Luke hugs her closer and stands there, a scary towering figure over Jarid, protecting her.

"Oh, (Y/N), you're completely spoiled! You've gone insane!" He jumps her again and pins her to the ground, beating her. Luke, Michael, Ashton and Calum all jump at him and try to pry him away from her. After some struggles, some civilian calls the police and they arrive. They cuff Jarid and put him in the car.

"Is she going to be ok? Does she need to go to the hospital?" One of the police officers asks. She's a young looking, average height, perfectly structured to be a police officer, woman. Her curly hair is tied in a bun behind her head.

"(Y/N)? Princess, are you alright?" Cal leans over (Y/N) and tries to look her in the face.

"Cal, I just had my ass handed to me. I don't think I can classify that as 'alright'. But I think I might need to go to the hospital. It hurts real bad right here." She points to the right half of her ribcage and groans a bit through her teeth.

"Come on, we'll get you to the hospital." Michael helps her up and when he sees she's unable to walk without slouching over in pain, he just picks her up bridal style. "Thank you so much, officer. This guy has been harassing us for the past few days and he filed a false lawsuit against us and kidnapped (Y/N) when she was a baby. If you need someone to testify, we can."

"I can. I'm the most credible source." The young girl grunts through her teeth.

The officer nods. "We'll let you know when we've gone farther with this guy." She gets in the car and drives off with Jarid cuffed in the back seat.

"Alright, (Y/N). Let's get you to a hospital. Luke, call Crystal and explain." Ashton says and they get in the car, carefully placing (Y/N) on the back seat between Calum and Ashton. Michael drives while Luke phones Crystal and puts her on speaker.

20 minutes later (Y/N) is laying in a hospital bed, asleep, with Michael, Luke, Calum, Ashton and Crystal surrounding her.

"So, what exactly happened again?" Crystal looks at the young girl troubled.

"We were walking back from work and she saw Jarid and she avoided eye contact. He saw us and started threatening us and when he recognised (Y/N) he jumped her, pinned her to the ground and started beating her. The police was called and they arrested him." Michael explains and looks at the sleeping girl too.

"Horrible, horrible human being." Crystal murmurs and takes (Y/N)'s hand lightly. "And we can win. We can beat him. When is his trial?"

Ashton sighs. "We're still waiting to hear back from the police. One officer said they'd tell us." Ashton runs a hand through his hair.

Luke is taking deep breaths. "If her ribcage is broken because of that asshole, he will pay."

"How do you plan on making him pay without drawing everyone's attention to you?" Calum's hair is messy and his expression is troubled. "All I want for her is to be ok."

"Guys?" (Y/N) asks, slowly opening her eyes.