Chapter 22 - Awkward

A couple of hours later (Y/N) wakes up and sees that Luke is up and awake. He is in front of his wardrobe and is putting on his jeans. He still hasn't put on a shirt.

"Oh, good morning." He looks at her and smiles.

"Good morning. Breakfast?" She asks and sits up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. 

"It's ready. Come on, get dressed and we'll go downstairs." Luke laughs and slips on a tank top. "It's gonna be super hot today, so make sure you put on something that won't kill you."

"Ok." (Y/N) slips out of the bed and walks over to her room. She puts on a pair of shorts and a tank top. She combs her hair and brushes her teeth and waits for Luke to get ready and the two walk downstairs. 

"Gooooooooood morning!" Ashton seems to have drunk too much coffee already. 

"Good morning." (Y/N) sits down next to him and Luke sits down next to her. 

Crystal walks out from the kitchen with a plate of waffles. She puts them on the table and a nice aroma fills their noses. 

"Crystal! Those smell amazing!" Luke smiles and looks at Crystal. 

"Thanks. My mom's recipe. Mix chocolate essence into the batter and then continue on your way." Crystal closes her eyes and smiles. 

"Sounds tasty!" (Y/N) smiles at Crystal. Crystal laughs and messes up the little girl's hair. "Hey!!" The two laugh in unison. The boys laugh at them.

Everyone sits down at the table and takes a waffle or two. Chatter and laughs are exchanged. (Y/N) is scared of mentioning the nightmare. Second night, second nightmare. And her and Ashton's birthdays are tomorrow, so. 

"Um, (Y/N)..." Cal looks up at her from his plate. 

"Hmm?" 

"Why were you in Luke's room?"

"I told you already." She does not want to talk about the nightmare. If she does, the boys will deny her request to be in court. 

"Tell us about it." Cal looks concerned. 

"No. Otherwise you all will change your mind and not let me in court." She puts a piece of her waffle in her mouth.

"What has happened?" Michael asks, looking back and forth between (Y/N) and Cal.

"I had another nightmare." She says after a sigh. 

"W-why didn't you say??" Crystal looks worried. 

"Because it was about court and if I told you, you wouldn't let me in." She pokes at her waffle.

"She doesn't want to talk about it. Let's not force her." Luke puts his hand on her back and rubs it. She looks up at him and smiles.

"Thanks."

"Ok, let's change the topic." Ash senses the tense in the air. 

"Yeah, let's." She sits up straight and gives Cal a blank expression. 

"Ok. So tomorrow. You and Ash have birthdays tomorrow." Crystal says. 

"Yeah, we do. Excited, (Y/N)?" Ash smiles at (Y/N).

"Yeah, I am. And you?" She turns to him and smiles too.

"Of course." Ash laughs.

The group quickly eats up the waffles and clean up the table in silence.

"(Y/N)?" Cal says. "Can we talk for a second?"

(Y/N) rolls her eyes, sighs and walks after Cal.

"I want to apologize. I know you're still mad at me for yesterday... What I did... I didn't want to scare you. I thought you wouldn't be able to handle the fact we are under a lawsuit."

"Save it. I forgive you. But NEVER do that again. Ok?" Cal nods.

"Yeah. Are you willing to testify?" Cal asks her.

"Yes." She says and takes a deep breath.

"You're not scared?"

"Nope. That may get them in prison, so I'm not scared at all."

"I'm glad." Cal hugs her and she rests her head on his chest. "Nothing bad will happen to you while you're with us."

"I know." She mutters out.

They stand like that for a minute or so and (Y/N) wishes it never ends.