Chapter 12 - The studio

Twenty minutes of walking in the warm morning and the 5 get to a building. Cal rings one of the apartments doorbells, labeled "Hi or Hey Records".

"Hello, I'm Calum. From 5 Seconds Of Summer. Would you mind opening?" The door unlocks and Cal pushes it open. Everyone walks in, Mike first, then Ash, then Luke, then (Y/N) and last - Calum. The door closes and locks again.

The boys lead (Y/N) up some stairs and stop in front of a door with a big sign "HI OR HEY RECORDS RECORDING STUDIO". Cal knocks on the door. A man opens.

"Hello, guys. Right on time. Oh, and who are you?" He looks at (Y/N) and smiles.

"Hello. My name is (Y/N)." She smiles back.

"We thought she could come to watch us today, and maybe even help." Ash says from behind her.

"Of course she can. Come on in, guys. Need coffee? Water?"

Everyone walks in. "No, thanks." Ash puts the bag on a chair. "We wanna give (Y/N) a solo in the song."

She looks at him surprised. "Ash! Why?"

"Because of your perfect voice! We want that to be heard!" Mike walks up to her and smiles.

"But... but..." She sighs. "Fine. Idiots..." She blushes and looks away.

"That's us!" Cal laughs.

"Ok. So. Follow me." The Hi Or Hey Records guy leads the 5 into a small room. It is sound proof. There are 4 microphones and 4 pairs of headphones hanging next to them. "The boys will record their parts first and then they will explain to you what you need to sing. Got it?" (Y/N) nods. "Good. Go on guys." He leaves the room.

(Y/N) sits on the ground behind Cal and Luke. The boys take their places by the microphones. They put on their headphones and one by one they start singing. First Luke, then Cal, then all, then Mike, then Ash, then all, then nobody and last together again. After half an hour they take off their headphones. They turn to (Y/N) and smile.

"Your turn." Mike gives her his headphones. "So, you need to sing these parts. When you hear all of us singing, sing with us, the same thing. You heard the lyrics. You can retry. Listen to how your part will sound." Mike points at Cal, because his voice is the closest to hers. Cal sings the part. "Got it?"

(Y/N) nods. "Yes." She puts on the headphones and steps closer to the mic. She waits for Luke and Cal's solo to pass and then sings the chorus. After the chorus she waits for Mike's and Ash's and then sings the chorus again. Then she sings wat Cal showed her and then she sings the chorus again. During Ash's solo she does little back vocals, just because she can.

"Impressive!" The guy from Hi Or Hey Records says after the 5 walk out of the room. "In just over an hour you 5 recorded a song! Wanna hear it?"

Everyone looks at (Y/N). "Sure." She says. The man plays the recording.

"That... Is fantastic. You got the lyrics on POINT!" Mike laughs after they hear the recording. "Now we just have to record the instruments."

Everyone smiles. "The drums first. Then bass. Then guitar one. Then guitar two. Got it?" The guy points at everyone as he talks - Ash, Cal, Luke and Mike.

They nod. When they walk into another room, where they have instruments, Cal takes out his phone and gives it to (Y/N). He gives her the password. "Record whatever you want. When we get your phone I will send the videos to you." She smiles.

"Thanks. Will do, Cal." She opens the camera app and turns the phone to herself a little bit before Ash starts playing the drums.

"So. Recording a new song. The boys are gonna record the instrumental for it now. My task is to record it. First up, Ashton Fletcher Irwin." She turns the phone to Ash and records everything.

Cal steps forward. "Next up, Calum Thomas Hood." Cal plays his part.

Mike steps forward. "Next is Michael Gordon Clifford." Mike plays his part.

"And last but not least - Luke Robert Hemmings." Luke steps forward and plays his part.

After that (Y/N) finishes. up the 30 minute video and gives the phone bal to Cal. The 5 eat a sandwich and drunk some water.

"Ok. I'll edit everything together and I will call you back. Go do whatever now." The guy closes himself off in a room.

The 5 leave the building and head towards the streets.