Chapter 9

Dedicated to TheKiishi    

"You've got to be kidding me."
I stood next to Nessa and Moyin with a shell shocked expression on my face.
Moyin narrowed her eyes at me and turned to Nessa "What is she doing here again?"
I rolled my eyes and ignored her. Pointing at the direction of my gaze, I said "there are almost a hundred girls here."

They both turned to face the direction I was looking at, "Yeah they're a lot more this year compared to two years ago." Moyin said

"A whole lot more." I muttered under my breath .

We were currently in the gym about to start practice, but the mass of girls were simply overwhelming.

"Well it can't be helped, the Zaid sisters in one house, what do you expect."

I rolled my eyes , "Well but we can't possibly use this much girls." Nessa put in.
"We just have to rework the whole routine around..." Moyin said shrugging.

"Are you serious Moyin? That's quite unfair!" Nessa said
"To be honest that'd be quite stressful for us, considering how long it took for Nessa to teach it to me." I quickly cut in.
"Well if you can't handle it you can just go, oh wait you can't so deal with it!" Moyin snapped at me.
"Well..." Nessa started.

"Try outs." I said interrupting her, causing them to both look at me.
"Well we could do a simple routine tell each of them to try it and if they can't do it they simply won't participate."

Nessa's eyes widened, "yeah that could work!"
Even Moyin looked impressed, "Well that makes sense Kayla."

She walked off to pass on the message to the girls while I turned to Nessa, "do you know the merits of the Richard Clifford constitution."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not even sure that's in our syllabus for this term, but Kay just tell me, since that's the point of this question."

"I actually don't know! Do you know why? It's because I'm here watching a bunch of girls stomp their feet on the ground for zero reasons." I sighed.

"Boo hoo sucks to be you." Nessa said dryly.

"Nobody cares about me."

Nessa gasped , "Well that's the most sensible thing you've said all day."
I revealed to her the wonder of my middle finger.

In the movies this is where are the montage of girls trying out would begin and they make it seem so quick and fun , but in reality it's the most stressful, most tiring and frustrating thing ever, plus, it took forever. By the time we were done,  I was so tired that when Tomi stopped by,I was so grateful to see someone that could handle.

"Well someone looks like death personified." He said smiling at me

"Haha you kill me." I said with a straight face.

He walked to sit on the table in front of me , "But really though, you don't even look this bad when when I frustrate you, I don't like that , I pride myself on the fact that I'm the  only person that can get to you, it can't be because of these girls na."

"Some of these girls have the co-ordination skills of a one year old baby , but somehow they think that they can do this, are they really well?" I asked truly and completely confused.