Chapter 24

The words of Sam's speech where dancing around my ears but were not quite entering.

I was too distracted by the annoying yet adorable boy from across the prefects lounge.

He wasn't even looking at me but I still felt his gaze on my body.

The trophies were arranged on a table in front of him, the football trophy, the march past trophy and last but definitely not the least was the main Interhouse sport competition first place trophy.

Sam was giving a speech,  cause we won and we were having a little party for the coordinating members.

Sam stood at the front with Tomi behind him, Dayo and Juwon behind them , their necks had so much medals that you could hear them coming from a mile away.

Or whatever distance is realistically correct.

Nessa was somewhere in the room with Ini and Michelle, and Moyin ...well she was siting right next to her march past trophy.

Yes, her march past trophy.

That girl.
Everyone else were seated at different places in the lounge , eating or drinking or something.

Cause it was a party and...well you probably get the gist of it.

I watched him laugh a little at something Sam said and I wondered how I even managed to resist for so long.

"Kay, Ini?"

The sound of my name cut through my musings, I was at the back leaning against the wall,"Can you guys come forward ?" Sam continued.

I made my way to the front and stood right in front of Tomi, with Ini behind me.

"Well for all the work you put into the march past , we're awarding you a Medal of Honor."

Everyone burst into applause, I had to say I was feeling a bit proud of myself.
What can I say?

I like being honored.

I smiled as I collected the Sam gave to me, until I felt a pinch on my butt.

I froze and turned around to see a very serious Tomi going through his phone .

Noticing my glare, he raised his brow, "what?"

"Don't what me." I quickly told him," I know what you did."

He shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Kay?" Sam called to me, I turned to face him, "you can go now."

I shook my head at Tomi , before smiling at everyone as I walked back to my original position.

Sam started again, "and last of all, Tomi! You did great guy." Everyone exploded into cheers for him, could I blame them? There was just something about him.

Sam brought out a smaller trophy that wasn't among ours, "I had this made for you, showing you our appreciation."

The little smile that Tomi had as he collected the trophy was just too much.