Chapter 11

A/N.  You know that feeling you get when you finally read your Sisters TheKiishi    novel and you realized that she has way more than talent you and you have zero talent, yeah I just got that feeling, (sigh must she surpass me in everything!!) anyhoo stop reading this book right now and check out my sisters TheKiishi   book BLOODLINES , vote a bazillion times because she's amazingly awesome, also please come back cause I still want you to read my book. Thanks my darlings.

********************************

I stood by the window and watched the leaves outside sway carelessly in the wind, watched how unbothered they were by the caterpillar slowly munching on one of them,it was fascinating but it failed to keep me from hearing the conversation that was going on in front of me.

The conversation I had no interest in.

It also didn't help me not think about the events of the afternoon, the utter panic on Sam's face when he saw me gasping for breath, the utter panic on Nessa's face while yelling at Tomi that I don't have an inhaler cause I don't have athsma , the utter panic and tiny bit of guilt on Dayo's face seeing me in the state, Moyin shouting at everyone to get out or else she'd destroy them.

I have to thank her for that.

But what I can't forget is Tomi kneeling in front of me, his hands gently cradling my face,

"Focus on me Kayla, breathe , just breathe."

While staring into his eyes, it was like his voice was magic , each time he said "breathe." I took a deep breath, I sat on the floor transfixed and even though my panic attack had already passed , all I could do was stare into his eyes.

Noticing I was breathing normally, I was rushed to the school's recovery room, it was at this place that I stood looking out the window yet looking into Tomi's eyes.

"Is this normal for her ma?" The nurse asked.

I could feel my mother's worry from across the room as she answered "No she hasn't had once
since she was a child."

"Kayla won't you lie down? Are you're still okay?" She continued turning to me.

"No I'm fine, thank you ." I replied with my eyes glued to the window.

Last thing I needed is someone treating me like an invalid .

"Damilola jo joko, (Damilola please sit down) ."
I finally turned to her , and looking at her face I found a seat to sit in.
She was looking so sad, and I hated the fact that I was making her go through this again, I wish they never called her, at least she won't be so worried.

"Maybe she's just stressed, she's heavily involved in the schools March past you know." The nurse said trying to reassure my mum.

But knowing my mum she's probably creating worse scenarios in her head.

Standing up, I walked to her and touched her arm.

"Mummy she's right, I'm just stressed, don't worry okay, let me just go get my back and we can go home."

She nodded still looking worried.

"Oya you too sit down, see they way you've been standing since, you know you're old you can't take that stress."

And the smile I've been waiting for came to be, after lightly slapping my arm, she sat down.