Chapter 29

I watched the rain pound ferociously on the field outside , in my head I knew that whatever my teacher was going on about some constitution was important.

But I probably already knew it.

There was just something about the rain that took away my concentration, seeing the sky darken in anticipation, hearing the thunder roar in readiness, lightning crackle as if to warn everybody that something heavy was about to hit.

And when the rain came down?

It felt like a finale , a standing ovation, an outpouring of so much, victory, pain , danger, fear, so much anger.
And as the rain poured it felt like it was letting so much out.

Even afterwards everywhere told the story of the weeping of the skies,  the cold atmosphere, the bruised ground, the cloudy sky.

As if the earth was still traumatized.

I know what you're thinking, babe calm down , its just rain.

Leave me.

"Kayla?"
I turned to the direction my name was called from, "hmmm?" I replied absentmindedly.

My eyes settled on our class captain Toyosi.

Straightening I realized the class had already ended, "thank goodness" I muttered to myself, focusing on her I asked, "yeah?"

"Please the government teacher asked me for your note." She softly asked.

I raised my eyebrow, "why?"

"He said I should use it to update my notes."

I frowned, "He asked for mine in particular?"

She crossed her arms, "I mean if you have a problem..."

"No no no" I cut in, not wanting to seem rude, "of course you can have it." I said handing it to her.

She smiled and took the note, "Toyosi," I called and she paused briefly, "please make sure nothing happens to it." I finished.

She nodded but seemed a little irritated, then walked out.

I just shrugged it off as Toyosi being Toyosi.

I laid my head down and thought about the events of the past two weeks or so. I remembered the coldness of the shoulder Nessa kept giving me.

The smile Dayo gave me when she said , "it's Okay Kay, I'm not mad at you , I understand why you might not have wanted to tell me, but Tomi? He shouldn't have led me on like that."

Moyin's angry face, "I swear if that Nessa should try me again, I'll rip her hair out!"

Juwons smug smile, "it's like you've managed to destroy all your relationships for Tomi, I hope he's worth it."

What worried me was Sam, I can still remember barging into his class and calling him out.

Remember his exhausted expression as he faced me on the empty stair way just outside the class.

"Kayla honestly this Nessa thing is not about you."

"Really?" I spat out, "you expect me to believe that? Have you forgotten what I know, I swear..."