Chapter 44

Tomisin should have seen this coming.
He didn't know how he didn't.
He knew that this day would eventually come, knew he wouldn't be able to hide this forever.

After quickly calling an Uber for Kayla and waiting with her till she left.

He walked into the living room to see his fathers livid face watching him.

"Good afternoon daddy." He muttered making his way to the stairs.

"Come back here!" His father snapped.
Tomi sighed and turned back around, standing in front his father he waited.

His father watched him carefully then quietly asked, "what are you doing with that girl."

Tomi shrugged, "nothing important just talking."

"Are you mad! Answer me!" His father yelled.

Tomi looked at his father in his eye, "she's my girlfriend."

He didn't know when his father threw his phone at him, hitting him in his face.

"Do you want to kill me? Ehn? Tomisin what is your problem?" His father shouted at him.

Tomisin said nothing but kept his eyes on the ground.

"I have always taken your nonsense, I have given you freedom and let you run wild, you were angry at me and you had every right to be, then you calmed down and I thought you had sense but you decided to go into this art rubbish instead of law, and still I said nothing. But if you think I'll let you date this girl, you have another thing coming." His father spat out.

Tomisin still said nothing.

"Tomisin," his father continued, "I'm serious, you have crossed the line here, for your mothers sake I..."

"Don't bring my mother into this!" Tomi yelled, "You can talk from now till whenever, but don't bring my mother into this."

"You stupid boy!" His father shouted in return, "you cannot continue to use your mother as an excuse to act like a madman, I have let you all this while but as from..."

"Me?" Tomi said agitated and angry, "use my mother as an excuse, she's my mother I..."

"SHE WAS MY WIFE TOO!" His father roared, "you act like you have some kind of monopoly over her, but I loved her just as much as you did!"

"You're the reason she's dead!" Tomi retorted.

His father nodded, "and that's for me to live with, but I won't let you use it guilt me into doing what you what, not anymore."

Tomi shrugged, "I don't give a fuck."

His father stared at him at his stubborn expression, "Tomisin, ma se bayi, I'm your father..."

"Whatever." Tomisin muttered.

His father walked to stand in front of him and placed on his shoulder "do you really want to be with someone who was sexually abused as a child, she's used goods Tomisin."

Tomisin shrugged his hand of his shoulder, and fixed his father with a look so furious and cold that his father took a step back.

"Don't talk about her like that." Tomi's said very quietly.

His father studied him carefully , then realization dawned on his face, "You know."

Tomi shrugged, "I always went through your case files as child, I found them interesting."

Tomi looked at his father furious expression and knew that for once he wouldn't be able to get out of this without fighting, he had suddenly felt exhausted, "please sir, she didn't do anything wrong, she was just a victim, you were the one defended her case and you always told me that it was sexual abuse case that brought your firm into the limelight. Please just let me be with her." Tomi pleaded.

His father already started shaking his head.

"I'll study law, take over your firm, anything you want, I promise." Tomi quickly added desperately.

His father said nothing for over a minute and just stared at his son.

"Fine." His father said and walked out of the house.

The father entered his car and buried his face in his hands, "Bisi what will I do? He looks too much like you, loves her the same way you loved me...but that girl....he can't be with her...he can't."

*******************************************

7 years ago.

Adebola smiled at the lunch his wife packed for him, Bisi was trying to get him to eat healthy. It should be annoying
It was so endearing.

"Good morning sir."
The voice of his secretary caught him by surprise.

"Yes?" He answered absentmindedly.

"Your son is here?" She said.

Adebola looked up in surprise, "Tomisin? How is..."

The secretary shook her head and it was then he noticed the worried look on her face, "it's Temidayo sir."

Adebola stood up, "Well let him in now! "

The young man sauntered into his office, Adebola looked at the face he hadn't seen in years and was filled with joy.

Until he noticed the bruises on his face, Adebola rushed to humans touched his face, "what happened to you, ehn talk to me."

Temidayo shrugged of his hands, "Dad, There's something wrong."

Adebola held his son's face, "tell me, I'll fix it."

Temidayo pulled away from his fathers touch, then sat down on the floor his back against the wall, his head in his hands.

"After you divorced my mother, she spent all the money and we didn't have any money, I became a driver daddy, but I was so angry at you! I didn't want your help!" Temidayo exclaimed, "you had a new family with a daughter and a new born son, you didn't want me anymore!"

"Your mother took you away! She didn't want me in your life, I tried looking for you but.."

"I WAS IN LAGOS! All this time I was right underneath your nose! But you easily found Adebisi abi?" Temidayo said with a smile.

Adebola shook his head, "we'll deal with that later, Temidayo what happened."

Temidayo chuckled, a dark chuckled that made the hair on Debola's body stand, "I was accused of raping the daughter of the people I work for."

Temidayo looked up at him, he could see the tears in his eyes, "daddy they said I raped a ten year old girl, how could I do that?"

Adebola held his weeping son in his arms and vowed that no matter what, he would fight to prove Temidayo's innocence.

And when he was free, Tolulope and Tomisin would be reunited with their brother.

***************************************
Well that was....eye opening.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter Abi what do you guys think?
Don't forget to comment and vote!

Love you .