Chapter 21

Song for this chapter is Wizkid feat Drake come closer.
*************************************
I'm just going to say it or think it in this case.

My parents were mean.
My parents are mean.
My parents would put mean girls to shame.

I rolled my eyes, "Mummy this is just unfair."
My mother frowned at me, "No damilola, you've never ever gone to a friends house or a party, we have to take pictures!"

"Honey move closer to her, ah Kayla you look very pretty." My dad smiled as me, while raising his phone to take pictures.

My mum scrutinized my face, "Kayla is your make up not too heavy, why don't you use pink lipstick."

"Kayla smile now."my dad said.

I looked at the camera and gave him the best fake smile I could.

"Oya Honey come and take the phone, I also want to take pictures." My dad said stretching the phone to her.

My mum collected it, "ah ah these pictures are so fine , I'll put it on Facebook."

Kill me now.

My mum frowned "Yomi I don't like this one oh."

My dad hissed "Ohhh Just take one of us, you already have plenty."

"Okay oh, ma binu (don't be angry), oya smile , awww Kayla, you look just like your daddy." My mum smiled.

My phone started to ring.
Thank Jesus.

"Okay mummy they are here, I should get going."
I grabbed my bag and gave them both hugs.

"Make sure you're back by 10:30 oh." My mum called out as I made my way outside.

"Okay!" I shouted.

I walked out of the gate, Tomi was leaning on the door of a fancy looking jeep, He wore a simple white long sleeved shirt and jeans and nice yeezy's ,
He looked so simple and so hot.

His eyes took in my outfit, I was wearing a black face cap, a black see through crop top, then I wore black fish net tights and wore my blue three quarter ripped jeans over it and finished it with black boots.

I walked towards him, "Hey."

He looked at me, "hey, are you ready?"

I was little bit disappointed, shouldn't he be like complimenting me or awestruck or something.

I nodded , "yeah , is it just you?"

"Yup."

He walked over to passenger's side and opened the door for me, he grinned at me, "well?"

Smiling I got in, he shut the door behind me.

He went back to the driver's side and also got in.

On our way to Sam's place, the car was quiet and a little bit awkward.
Tomi kept looking at me and looking away.

I sighed, "Tomi is...."

"You're so stunning, can I say that? Am I allowed to? I just...fuck.. I know I sound cheesy... but...you take my breath away." He finished looking at me.