Chapter 25

I watched the angry boy pace the front of the empty class , his facial features twisted in a way that I had never seen.

"Juwon" I started gently , "what's wrong?"

He stopped moving and looked at me, then shook his head and continue pacing.

"I'm trying to figure out a way to talk to you, without being angry."

I sighed, "just talk to me, we're friends I'll see what I can...."

He stopped and swiveled towards me, "friends? I don't think so."

I froze, "what do you mean?"

"Were you just playing me all this time? Leading me on because you were bored?"

I shook my head frantically, "no! Of course not! Why would you say that?"

"Why wouldn't I? Did you even like me or were you too busy chasing after Tomi?"

"What?" I whispered.

"Yeah you and Tomi are dating , aren't you?" He asked , slamming the table.

I paused, "how do you know that?"

He walked to stand face to face with me, "so it's true?" He whispered, his face grotesque.

I raised my hands, "wait Juwon let me explain."

He moved away from me, his hands poised as if he couldn't bare to touch me, "I can't believe you."

"Juwon please."

He raised his voice "I don't understand, you just said that you didn't have any feelings for him and two days later, you guys are suddenly dating! Why did you lie?"

"I'm sorry, I just....I don't... I...." my voice cracked, "I've always had feelings for him but I...I just...I just couldn't...I was afraid but I couldn't help it anymore." I finished with a whisper.

He paused and stared at me, his face twisted in confusion, pointing at himself he shouted, "then why did you make me feel like I had a chance!"

"Because you did! You did." I raised my voice in return.

He rubbed his face, "I don't understand you mehn."

I slowly walked towards him, "I also had feelings for you okay? I actually really wanted to be with you, because you were easy and fun to be with and just safe, I could control it."

He crossed his arms, "but you chose him."

I touched his arm, "because it would have been unfair to you, you deserved better, Tomi and I are inevitable, now that I think of it, I would have chosen him sooner or later."

He shook his head, "why didn't you tell me? It would have been better than finding out from some stupid text."

"I didn't want to make you feel bad."

He pulled away from me, "I understand everything you said, but I still can't look at you without feeling like shit,  I'm done with you Kay."

"Juwon." I said, my breathing harsh, trying to hold back tears, I reached to hold him.

"Don't touch me! " He shouted.

"Okay guy, that's enough."

I looked back to see Tomi standing by the door, Moyin and Sam behind him.