Chapter 12

Dedicated to the friend that has always taken my weird shit ,love ya chigoziem

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I could practically feel the tension that was swirling around the room, it was a lounge that my parents prepared for me in case I brought friends over, complete with a gaming system, and other fancy stuffs that one can imagine.

Guess they didn't really plan on their daughter being a loner

I was trying not to look at Nessa , Moyin or Dayo and I couldn't even look at Tomi so I was stuck looking at Sam through out.

Who probably thinks that there is something fundamentally wrong with me, and heck he's right.

"So are you feeling better?" Nessa piped up

Smiling at Sam I replied. "Yes."

I heard someone whisper "is she for real" in the background.

Sam who was clearly uncomfortable reached for a slice of pizza among the various sorts of food in the middle of us.

What can I say , my issues are obviously hereditary, precisely from my mothers side.

Tomi had barely said anything but I could practically feel his stare burning into my spirit , soul and body.

"Okay I'm done , Kayla can we talk outside?"
I looked up to see Dayo standing above me.

"I don't know..."
"I only asked to be nice, it was not a request."

I sighed and nodded.

She moved like she knew where she was going in my house, and in a weird way she did, she managed to find her way to the balcony.

She took a look around and said "huh so you're obviously not poor."

I turned to her, "What?"

"Well I thought because you were a scholarship student you were poor and that's why you're such a loner, but with or without the scholarship you could probably afford it,"

"How did you know?" I asked.

She smiled, "i have an eye for things like that."
I nodded, typical spoilt girl.

It's not my money it's my parents, so technically I am poor.
"lol okay I guess."

We stood for a few seconds staring out into the street, until she said,

"Sorry."
A little bit surprised, I looked at her, "Dayo it's okay, it's obviously not your fault."

It was her fault , but I'm not going to blame her.

"No you don't have to be nice, it is my fault, it's just that you can be a bitch sometimes, I think you'd be a cool person to hang with but it's like you don't want to dirty yourself by associating with us which sucked, so yeah."
She finished with a sigh.

I remembered all the times that I insulted and called her a slut in my head and suddenly she didn't seem is bad.

"Huh, I can be a bitch sometimes right?" I mused out loud.

She let out a surprised laugh then smirked "yeah a major one, lol don't get it twisted, we're not friends or some moist ass stuff like that."