Chapter 12|The Visit

ANNA

Alex stood there, leaning his body onto my bedroom's frame. "When are you coming back?"

These past weeks, Alex has been incredibly sweet towards me. I knew he still has feelings from me, the moment I came back, but I am not looking for any man in my life, not what I have been thought with Daniel.

"Probably next week," I say, picking up the last item inside of my suitcase.

"Are you okay, with him being in the same town as you." He steps into my room.

"I care less about him," I say to Daniel as I grabbed my purse.

"Okay."

Alex nods as He had helped me carry my bag into the taxi driver.

____________

The plane ride back to ATL was extended. I turn my head towards him.

"Thank you for coming with me." I smile at Alex.

"Anything for you."

DANIEL

The papers were finale; they were no longer on debt.

"Thank you so much. I promised I would pay you back for everything you have done for our clinic." Michelle says to me.

"No, problem. I didn't want you or Anna to be in any debt after all she is carrying my children. " I smile.

Michelle had come to me, a week ago because they were about to lose the clinic, she didn't want to go to Anna because she was pregnant, so I did what I need to do. While I had helped them, I decided to buy Anna a beautiful home that was fully paid for and under her name. I hope she loved it. Michelle and I work hard on decorated the place.

"True, how's the house coming along, " Michelle asks me.

Michelle and I had become close when Anna left.  She was a great individual to Anna; I just wished she would have talked to me.

"It is finished, thanks to the realtor and your help, how are you and Seth doing," I asked her.

"We're great; I haven't told Anna yet about him." She smiles.

"Tell me, what?" I heard Anna's voice as she stood by the door with her bag.

ANNA

We were in front of the clinic, I just knew Michelle would be here, and I was correct her car was parked in the front, along with an unfamiliar vehicle behind her.

I had walked inside to hear my best friend's voice as Alex followed behind me.  The place was refurbished, and everything we had was gone. I walked towards the kitchen, where I heard my best friend's voice.

As my steps got closer towards the kitchen, I open my mouth to speak.

"Tell me, what?". I stood by the kitchen door with my bag in my hand.

Michelle turns with broad smiles across her face as I have seen the person she was talking to. It was no other than him.

"Anna!" She came to me and hugged me carefully.

"What is he doing here?" I ask her as I hugged her back.

"He had paid our obligation for the clinic; I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to stress you since you are pregnant."  She says to me as we had moved towards the living room to sit down.

I couldn't get mad at her. I would have done the same.

"Okay, I would have to thank him for the help, even if I don't want anything to deal with him. " I say as I watched him walks inside the living room.

"Anna, he has changed he has even brought you a home that is under your name," Michelle says.

"You can take the house back. I do not want anything that will deal with you." I look at Daniel.

He sighs, "I can't the house is paid for, you wouldn't have to worry about anything, our children will have an opportunity to live in a pleasant environment, the sch-"

I had cut him off, "I didn't tell you to go and buy me a house and no, there aren't your children but mines. I appreciate that you help me with the clinic. But I am fine alone, with being a single parent." I stood up from the couch.

"They are my children too, stop treating me like this, I am fucking trying, Anna. I get it; I had fucked up, and as a man, we make mistakes, but that day, when I met you, I couldn't get you out of my head. I want to be there for our children. " He came towards me, and I can see tears falling down his eyes.

"I never met to hurt you, and I know you wouldn't forgive me. But please let me be there for you. " He cries as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Did I interpret something? " I heard Alex's voice.

Daniel removes his arms around me.

"No, you haven't."

DANIEL

Anna was the first woman who made me wanted to change myself, and I have.  I look at me, with sadness, in my eyes.

"Message me if you need anything," I told Michelle as I had cleared my throat and walked out of the clinic.

I wish things were different, but she will never forgive me. I don't blame her; I had messed up even money wouldn't help, but I hope she takes them home. I walked down the street to get some air.

I have fallen in love with Anna, even in a little time I have known her. No matter what, I will always be there for the children, even if I wanted to be with Anna also.