Chapter 19| The Dream

DANIEL

That's all I remembered is seeing a white light at the end of the hall.  My hands were iced cold, as I started walking farther inside the hallway, it was a hospital. My eyes wandered around as I see patients with their family members as they say goodbye. When I saw a body on a hospital bed, he looks like me as I watch him lay bodiless. "You need to live."

My eyes stared as I couldn't believe I was seeing myself.  They had quickly rushed me into the emergency room, where I stopped. "Dan-Daniel," I heard a voiced called my named as I followed the voice, and it was Anna standing in the lobby.  I tried to hold her, but I couldn't. Something wouldn't let me. "I am not dead, I am alive." I repeatedly loudly as tears escape my eyes.

I needed to be there for her, I needed to be there for everyone but how when I can't touch them. I stood here as my heart breaks when I heard a loud thumbing sound.  I ran towards the noise; it lends me to a room.  A doctor stood in front of the room, in front of me. "He'll live but in a crucial condition, due to the bullet. His brain is the only thing that is keeping him, alive." He told them as they all nodded and look at the door as I wasn't in front of them.

"I am right here, I am freaking alive, stopped acting like you don't see me standing in front of you!" I waved my hands in front of their face. But they can't see me, and I don't know why. I am not dead. I am healthy and aliveness. "Please tell Anna, that I am alive, doctor. Please I know you can do that; I just want to be in her arms again." I cried as a I fell into my knees in front of the door.

Nobody couldn't hear me; it was like I was a ghost to them. Was I really dead?