Chapter 18| Just Breathe

ANNA

One Month Later.

I am 28 weeks fully pregnant and alone, as I rested my head on the edge of his bed, as tears still rolling down my cheeks. I thought Daniel deserved this, but nobody deserved to be in a coma the way things happen.  I stared at him, as I watched his lifeless body standstills onto the hospital bed, machines surrounded him while he was trying to fight for his life. "Daniel, wake up." I whispers as I feel warm arms wrapped around me.

"Anna, I will always be there for you. You didn't deserve this pain, nobody doesn't but baby girl you have to be strong for Daniel and your babies you can't stayed in this hospital forever." Michelle says to me.

"I can't leave him behind like this he needs me, just as much I need him. I know he is going to wake up from his coma." I cried in her arms.

"I know, sweetheart but look at you, you haven't eaten your breakfast or lunch. This is unhealthy for the babies; this is unhealthy for yourself. I know you can be strong for him." She turns towards me and lifts up my face and wiped my tears away.

"Daniel is stronger than what you think he is. He is going to get through the coma and come back to you and his children. Just believed in him." She softly kissed me on the cheek.  I nodded, as I sniffed.

Daniel will make it. I repeated over again in my head.  I slowly gets up and walks towards his face as I kissed him softly on the lips. "Be brave, be strong for us."

"Baby, how is Anna's holding up," Seth loudly says as he walked in the hospital room with flowers in his hand as he looks at us.

"I wouldn't say I am okay, but I am going to be brave for him, for the babies." I turned around and look at him.

Seth and Michelle have been dating for a month, I am happy for them, but I would be even more happy if Daniel was here. 

Michelle re-packed my bag that was on the other hospital bed beside Daniel and nodded to Seth.  "Well, we will see Daniel tomorrow let's go home."

I nodded and looked around to see Daniel again as we walked out.

————

I didn't realize I fell asleep on his side of the bed. It smells like him.  I sniffed into the sheets, as I rubbed my belly before walking downstairs hearing Seth and Michelle argued.

"She needs to find another place to live, she can't keep on sleeping in his room being depressed. It is unhealthy. Seth says to her.

"And where is she going to freaking go to, Seth! She is pregnant for god's sake, her boyfriend is in a coma, and you are going to say that!" Michelle angrily says to Seth.

"Owe," I moan in pain as I feel a hard kicked in my stomach.  Seth and Michelle look at me, "how long you been up here?" they both says.

"Long enough to hear, Seth doesn't want me here and he is right. I should go, but before I do, I am going to see her tomorrow." I told them.

"Are you stupid, she puts you in dangerous situations where you could have been dead along with your babies, because of her, Daniel is in a coma. You can't be freaking joking right now, Anna!" Seth shouts angrily at me.

"Seth, you need to calm down and listen to what she has to say. You can't be raising your voice at Anna." Michelle says to him.

He nodded.

"I am sorry, Anna. We are all taking this hard not just you. Why do you want to see her?" He calmly says to me.

I leaned on the kitchen counter, "To make some sense of why she did it and to get win custody of the child that is in her."

"Okay, we will go with you."

ASHELY

"Why did you kill me?" Alex looked at me. He had bloody clothes.

"You did it on yourself. You and Daniel deserve what happen to both of you. I laughed.

"Because of Anna, I didn't want you neither did Daniel and you did this to us."

"Yes! And I don't regret it at all. I will murder you over and over again if I had a chance. I wish the bullet would have killed Daniel just like it did you." I told Alex and smiles.

"I would haunt you, until the rest of your life, you do not deserve to be carrying his baby." Alex says to me.

"And you think, I really give a crap about you haunting me, baby boy. I do deserve this child in me." I rubbed my belly.

"Not if Anna takes your child away from you and I would be happy when she does." Alex laughs.

"Don't say that she is never getting this baby, I will have to kill her first before that happens."

"You're wrong about that, I wouldn't tell you touch my Anna. I will keep her save from you. You are psycho just look at you talking to yourself in the mirror." Alex laughs as he pointed to the mirror in front of me.  I was alone in the room.

"You see you are crazy." He speaks.

"And I see you are dead because I kill you." I smile

"Ashely, your medicine is ready." A nurse came in there with a small tray holding in her hand.

I hate it here. I shook my head as I look at her. "I am coming for you, Anna and this time I wouldn't make no mistakes."