Chapter 24

"Just remember if we get caught, you are deaf and I can't speak."

- To my best friend/ partner in crime.

Giara's POV

Hearing from my own father that I was disappointed wasn't enough, that I had hear from Mr. Olsen about how I couldn't do a simple task. I almost thought that I lost my only chance. But it was quite shocking when commander left me a warning and 'how much you are disappointment' speech. Then Mr. Jay Olsen had to come with his sorry to take me over the bar. I don't understand why people don't get it in the first time I say something, that they had to come seeking for punch in the face. I was already pissed off and he had to come apologizing and all, like he really cared. Then that wasn't enough for him, he went and burst out on Marcus. I know Marcus wasn't right with calling Rachel a slut, but he should have at least listened to Marcus side before dramatically breaking off their friendship.

*Brrrrriiiiinnnngg*

"How do you guys survive this?" I groaned when bell finally rang ending the boring Math lecture. Ughh! I hate Math.

"We just do." Bratty shrugged walking towards lunch room.

"No nuggets today?" I pouted looking for them in the buffet.

"You can't eat that everyday."

"You wanna bet on that."

"I might lose. With you I never know."

"Hey guys." Rina greeted before I could answer him.

"Hey." We both settled down. Everyone was there but Marcus.

"Marcus?" I mouthed to Rina asking where he is. She motioned behind me. I turned around to see him sitting Samuel and playing​ with food indicating he was totally bored. When he saw I was looking at him, he gave me a cheeky smile and wave. I waved back and he went back to playing with his food. I turned around to see bratty doing the same. Everyone around the table were talking, busy to notice these two who were the two peas of same pod. It was clear that they can't live without each other.

"You should talk to him." I whispered in his ear.

"Huh?"

"Marcus. You should go talk to him."

"No."

"Come on it's clear you can't live without each other. Just go talk to him already."

"No."

"Are you serious right now? You're willing to give up 17 years of friendship just like that?"

"Yes I am. Who the hell are you to tell me what to do or what to not? And what the hell do you know about friendship​?"

"That you shouldn't just let go of bestfriend of 17 years over something like that. I am sure he had a reason for what he did."

"So now you are his lawyer huh? He didn't have any reason. He was always like this with her."

"Then why react like this now if you knew how he is. He must have been joking."

"Calling someone slut is not a matter of joking around."

"You are right. But you should at least give him a chance to explain himself."

"Look here. That is my best friend. I would do anything I like. If​ I want to talk to him then I will. I don't need you to tell that." He hissed slamming his hand on table hard, causing everyone to flinched but me.

"Jay I think you should calm down. Giara was just trying to help. And we all think you should talk to him." Alex said trying to calm him down.

"But I don't need any help. Especially from her." He shouted.

"Okay fine. Don't need to shout." I said with my temper rising.

"I don't know why do you care? When you yourself said that you don't care about anything else but your job. I think you should stick to that Ms. Edwards. You're here to protect me not to mingle in life." He whisper hissed so nobody could hear us.

"Okay. Thank you for reminding me Mr. Jay Olsen." I stood up with my lunch tray and went to sit with Marcus and Samuel.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey." Samuel greeted without looking up from his book.

"I saw what happened." Marcus said.

"Hmm." I hummed munching on burger.

"You shouldn't have done that. But thank you for defending me." I just shrugged.

"You know you can't leave his side." He whispered so Samuel can't hear him.

"Don't worry about that. I can keep an eye on him from anywhere." I whispered back.

"But still you shouldn't --"

"You don't want me here?"

"No. That's not what I meant."

"Then? Samuel do you mind me sitting here?"

"Nope." He answered still not looking at us.

"See? He doesn't mind. What is wrong Marcus? You don't love meanymore?" I said feigning hurt.

"Oh no-no--"

"And here I thought Marcus and Giara were for forever and ever. WhyMarcus? Why?"

"Oh no pretty lady, that's not what I meant." He said talking myhands in his and pulling them to his chest. "I will always love you. Iloved you then, I love you now and I will love you forever. Marcus and Giaraare always gonna be forever and ever." We were staring into each others​eyes like it was a romantic scene of a 90's movie. We both burst out laughingcausing everyone to look at us.

"You guys are crazy." Samuel said first time looking up from hisbook.

"Yeah we know. At least we don't study in lunch room instead of talking tofriends." Marcus said.

"I'm not studying. I'm just reading."

"Yeah reading and studying it's all same." Marcus said waving himoff. We both rolled our eyes at that. It's useless correcting him.

"What are you reading by the way?" I asked. He lifted up the book toshow me the title.

"Ah The Merchant of Venice."

"Oh! Oh! I know this one. It's the Shakespeare's one right? The one withthe merchant and his friend Antonio."

"Yes but Antonio is the merchant and his friend's name is Bassanio."I correct him.

"Yeah whatever. At least I got the name."

"Yeah you are right. Its quite big achievement for you to remember that.Especially with your pea sized brain." Samuel said snickering.

"Yes. Wait- what? No I don't have pea sized brain. Stop laughing you both.Ugh!!" He huffed.

"Aww honey don't be sad. We can understand your​ situation. I still loveyou the same don't worry." I said pinching his cheeks.

"Yeah, we still love you." Samuel agreed and again with both burstout laughing. Marcus was trying hard not to laugh but he couldn't, he joinedus. The bell rang again signalling the end of lunch time. We stood up soberingfrom our laughter session.

"Thank you." Marcus said.

"Huh? For what?"

"For joining us, defending me and for cheering me up."

"You don't need to thank me for that. I was already bored with grumpypants on my side. And you know that I can't live without you Marcushoney." I said pouting.

"Oh I know pretty lady. But still thanks." He said chuckling.

"Maybe you should talk to him."

"Maybe I should not. He needs to get his head straight and realise thathis girlfriend is a total cheatin-" He stopped himself.

"A total cheating ass." I completed his sentence. "I know."

"What? How?"

"When I was going through school cameras I saw her and that Kyle enteringa empty classroom. I had a doubt but you saying​ that just confirms mydoubt."

"Fucking cheaters." He hissed.

"Why didn't you just tell that to Jay rather than fighting."

"I can't. I don't wanna break his heart when he thinks that he loves her.I can't see him hurt."

"But not telling him the truth when you know is going to hurt himmore."

"I know but I can't. I don't have any proof. And after what happened todayI don't think he's going to believe me without any proof."

"You don't worry about that. I think he will believe you. You hisbestfriend, just give him time to cool down a little bit."

"I will think about it."

"You should." We parted ways to go to class.

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I'll try to update soon. Please vote, comment and share with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜