Chapter 52

Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding.

Giara's POV.

"Giara!" My hand stopped from turning the doorknob. "Giara wait!" I turned around looking straight, avoided looking at him. I felt him near me.

"Giara. I-I am sorry. I didn't mean to say all that. It's just that I was so angry. I didn't know what I was talking about. I lost control. I really didn't mean any of the things I said. I swear, I didn't know what I was talking. I was so angry about you leaving and then I heard you shouted at dad then I just blew up. I am sorry that I shouted without understanding the situation. I shouldn't have said anything. Dad told me that it was his mistake. I am such an asshole. I shouldn't have gotten in between this. It wasn't my right to talk between your and dad's business. And I am so sorry that I called you bitch. You are not bitch, I am. Wait that doesn't sound right." I wanted to laugh but I swallowed it down.

"Please accept my apology Giara. I swear after this I will do everything you say. I will never disobey you. I will never call you she-man ever! Please! Please!" I was literally shaking trying to control my laughter. "Are you? Are you perhaps laughing?" I cleared my throat and gave him a blank look. "No? Okay. But please accept my apology. I promise I will never ever make this mistake again. Please! Please say something!"

"What you want me to say Jay?" I said with my best exhausted voice. "What you said this morning really hurt me Jay."

"I know and I am so sorry." He replied in small voice with his head bowed. I smiled, to be honest his words did hurt me but I know whatever he said was due to respect for his father. If it would have been me then I would have done the same thing. Either way I was wrong for shouting at Mr. Olsen. I could have taken it in calm way but my anger took the best of me.

"Pretty lady?" I turned to see Marcus running down the stairs. "You crazy woman!" He ran and pulled me in his arms hugged me tight. "Where did you ran huh? We were worried sick!" I patted his back and was going to answer suddenly he was separated from me.

"I was talking to her." Jay grunted glaring at him.

"Well now I am talking to her." Marcus replied sassily. I snickered

"Buzz off Mark! We are talking about something important!" He whined stomping his leg.

"Were you pretty lady?" Marcus turned towards me with his eyebrow raised.

"Well he was jus-"

"Giara?" We all turned towards the voice. Mrs. Olsen rushed towards us with her arms open. "Oh mio caro!" She exclaimed and Jay groaned. My head was against her chest as she caressed my head. "We were so worried dear."

"Mom let her breathe!" Jay groaned annoyed. She released my head and held me by my shoulders.

"Are you okay mio Caro? Thank god yo-" She stopped when her eyes went to my bandaged hands. "Oh Dio!! What happened to your hands?" She gasped taking my hands in hers. I quickly pulled back and hid them behind me.

"Oh it's nothing to worry Mrs. Olsen. Little scratches, no big deal." I smiled.

"But dear they are-"

"Don't worry Mrs. Olsen. I am fine." I smiled reassuring her. She nodded still giving me a worried glance. "And I am sorry for worrying you all."

"You don't have to apologize for that Giara." She said squeezing my shoulder a little. I nodded.

"Mom are you done?" Jay asked tapping his foot.

"Why? No." She said to him and turned towards me again. "Dear are you hungry? I made lasagna. I'll serve you. Come on."

"Umm. Ma'am I really like to taste it but I can't. I have some things todo. Maybe next time. I'll take raincheck on this one."

"You always have things to do." The grumble was heard. We turned towards him. "I mean you never answered me." Jay said looking at me with puppy eyes. I gave him a blank stare and turned towards Mrs. Olsen.

"I'll take my leave." I nodded. "Marcus." He waved, I nodded and walked towards the door. I turned the knob and opened the door.

"How can she just ignore m-"

"And Jay?" I turned back towards them.

"Yes!?" He stared wide eyed at me, I wanted to laugh at his face but I controlled myself.

"You had me at not calling me she-man ever." I winked and walked off not before hearing Jay shout.

"Yesss!!!! Ouch! Ouch! Mom stop hitting me."

"You call her she-man! You are no son of mine!" I just chuckled shaking my head.

"Mom it hurts!" They are crazy.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Alec!" I shouted as soon as I entered the house.

"In here!" His voice came from the kitchen. I tossed the house keys in the key holder and made my way towards kitchen.

"Did you get it?" I asked opening the fridge taking the water bottle and gulping it down.

"I did." He nodded while stirring whatever was in the pan. "So what are you going to do?"

"I am going to use his method on him." I said smirking.

"What do you mean?"

"You know he has a famous quote of his. 'Having something to protect is like having a very own weakness of yours.' But too bad he forgot his own saying." I snorted.

"So you are telling me that you are going to blackmail him by threatening his daughter." I nodded clicking my fingers making the 'tck' sound.

"What did you got on her?"

"Well she goes to convent school. She doesn't have a phone but a mail. She lives in hostel until her daddy say so. He contacts her through school phone. And...he isn't her biological father. She's adopted."

"Hmm that's why she was grateful of him and didn't want to trouble him." I mumbled.

"Huh?" Alec asked.

"Nothing. It's just that I don't get it why he brought her to the ball when he was taking all measures to keep her from public eye. I am sure he knew that Olsen's and me, were going to be there."

"He has something going on." Alec said nodding.

"Hmm. We have to keep an eye on Sophie. When he contacts her, it will be us answering him."

"Okay. I'll get Nick on it." He said nodding.

"No." I glared. "I don't want that dog anywhere near my case."

"But you know he's the best we have. Plus I don't know the computer stuff except basic and about the Sophie girl, Nick helped me. You gotta thank him." He shrugged as he turned off the stove.

"Alec! You know he'll report to the commander and I don't want that. I don't want commander butting in again! You don't know how many bodies touched mine today! I mean I am glad they care about me but hugging? It's a big no-no!" I shouted.

"Jeez calm down. Don't overreact. Either way you have to report commander." Alec said crossing his arms.

"No. I am not doing that." I pouted.

"Giara..."

"Jeez fine get that dog involved! But tell him to keep his mouth away from me or else he won't be having one to speak." I grunted slamming my hand on the counter.

"Yeah. Yeah." Alec replied rolling his eyes.

"Good. So what did you cook?"

"Stir-fry rice." He said removing his apron.

"I should have accepted Mrs. Olsen's lasagnas offer." I groaned just hearing the word stir-fry. Because let me tell I don't like it one bit.

"Hey you can't complain here. I am the only one who can cook so you don't get to-"

"Okay! I'll eat." I grumbled.

"That's right or I am shoving it down your throat."

A/N :

Here's your update guys! I hope you enjoyed reading it. Also don't forget to let me know your opinions and theories about Angelo Donati. And yes it was Jay! 😂 Anyways don't forget to vote and share this story with your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love,Alba 💜