Chapter 53

Whether it's friendship or relationship, all bonds are built on trust. Without it, you have nothing.

Giara's POV.

Downtown, downtown (Downtown)

She has her arms around your waist

With a balance that will keep her safe

(Downtown)

Have you ever felt the warm embrace

(Downtown)

Of a leather seat between your legs

(Hey-ey-ey-ey, hey-ey-ey-ey)

Downtown

You don't want no beef, boy

Know I run the streets, boy

Better follow me towards

Downtown

What you see is what you get, girl

Don't ever forget, girl

Ain't seen nothing yet until you're

Downtown.

"Ugh! It's morning already." I groaned as I lifted up my head from the pillow to look outside the window. Sun rays were peeping through the gaps of my maroon curtain. "Ah why?! I didn't even get to sleep!" I whined dropping my head in the pillow. I turned towards my right reaching for my phone who was about ring again.

Downtow- "I am awake, you don't have to ring." I grumbled getting up and stretching my body. I paddled towards the bathroom scratching my head. I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked tired. Shaking my head I splashed cold water on to my face trying to wake up. Cold water stung but was enough to wake me up. I did my business, washing up, dressing up.

I took the first aid kit and sat on the bed trying to aid my hand. Wound was healing pretty good.

*knock knock*

"Yes?" I called. Alec opened the door peeping in.

"Breakfast is ready." He said as he walked in and took the bandage from my hands. "You are an idiot G." He said shaking his head.

"Thanks." I replied rolling my eyes.

"Why would you do it?" He asked.

"I guess it's better than smashing someone's face. " I shrugged.

"Better than smashing someone's face." He mimicked. I slightly pushed his shoulder making him stumbled. "Hey!"

"What? You started it." I smirked, he shook his head and continued bandaging my hand.

"You know, you have us right by your side. You shouldn't endure it all on your own." He said looking in my eyes. I just kept quiet. "I know it's hard for you but still remember that we are here if you need us." He patted my arm and stood up. "Let's go. I made scrambled eggs." And just like that he went.

I understand that he wants to help me but I don't need anyone's help. They all have something they need from me. They just don't want to help me not because they want to but because they have to and I don't want that. I already had enough help before and I am paying for it. I don't want to walk that path again. It's better the way I am now. I sighed and shook those thoughts out of my mind and made my way downstairs.

"Where's Jack? I haven't seen him since yesterday." I asked as I sat on the stool.

"He was assigned." He answered putting a plate full of scrambled eggs in front of me.

"Hmm." I hummed putting a spoon full of it in my mouth.

"Good morning everyone." Ugh! Not a good morning when I have to hear your voice.

"Good morning Nick." Alec greeted. "G.." Alec gave me a pointed look.

"What?" I grumbled looking at him. He narrowed his eyes. "Jeez okay." I sighed and turned towards him. "Umm thanks for helping us yesterday." I said.

"You don't have to thank me it's my job." He said scratching back of his neck. I nodded and was about to turn when Alec coughed. I rolled my eyes. He is so gonna get it from me.

"And I will be needing your help again."

"Sure. What it is?" He asked.

"You guys can discuss this after breakfast." Alec interrupted. We both nodded and continued with eating breakfast.

"You done?" I asked checking my watch. I still had thirty minutes until I leave for Jay's house. He nodded and stood up dusting his pants. We walked into our bureau, Nick took his seat on chair in front on the large screen and I leaned on the desk behind him.

"So what I have to do?" He asked.

"We have to keep an eye on the Sophie and wait until her daddy contact her. I want you to connect me to their call. You can do that right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep." He nodded typing something which I had no idea what it was. "What are you planning to do?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes, as usual he is butting his nose. When I didn't answered he realised his mistake. "I-I mean I didn't mean to poke my nose in your case, it just my habit." He stuttered and I snorted, habit my ass. "Giara I am really sorry about yesterday too. I didn't mean any harm. It just that Commander had asked me to report him every single thing. I had no other choice." He said pleaded looking at me.

"Nick I didn't ask for any explanation so spare me from this apologetic act." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's not an act Giara!" He shouted standing up, I was stunned, he, Nick Roberts was never the one who would lose control on his temper. He was the charming golden boy, always had kind things to say and had smile stuck to his face. "It's-it's not an act Giara. It's not. I would never wanted to hurt you. Why don't you understand that?" He asked

"How will I Nick when all you ever did was hurt me from the start." I replied.

"G I had reasons for not telling you the truth. I swear it was never my intention to take advantage of you. I agree that I knew about Jax's plan. It was not until you guys started dating. We were just talking about you and he accidentally slipped about the plan. I wanted to tell you right away but I couldn't. I never knew from the start G! If I had then I would have never let it happen."

"Will you please stop with this already. Why every conversation we have has to end with Jax! Why Nick? I am done with it. He got what he wanted, more like Commander served it in silver plate for him. It's quite funny because I am his daughter yet I feel like I am no one. I am not only blaming you Nick. It's was also my mistake somewhere in this. I trusted you guys more than myself but that's okay now. Nothing can change it just like my trust in you. You can't ask me to trust you after what had happened Nick. As much as it was Jax's mistake it was yours too."

"Giara I had reason for not telling you!"

"What the fuck these reason were huh? That you had to betray your own best friend!" I shouted pushing him back in anger.

"I-I liked you okay! And he knew that. He knew that I had liked you from the start." I was shocked would be understatement. I opened my mouth and closed it again.

"I wanted to tell you but I was afraid that it would affect our friendship. But my feelings grew deeper for you and I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to confess but I guess I was too late. You and Jax announced that you were together. I was heartbroken, I didn't even get to say anything. But seeing that bright smile on your face brought smile to my face. That day I decided that I will always be that best friend you'll need by your side. I didn't wanted to hurt you or stand between your happiness so I took a step back. I stood in the sidelines seeing you happy with him. I thought he would keep you happy forever but I was wrong when he slipped about his plan to woo you to get on Commander's good side. As those words left his mouth I was on my feet to run towards you to tell you the truth. But his words stopped me. He threatened me if I uttered a word he will throw all this at me. He knew I liked you, he also knew that I was a weak in front of Commander eyes and that he never liked me. Jax was already in favour by Commander because he was strong and smart and Commander was already happy with you dating Jax. I had no one who would trust me. And telling you the truth would have backfired at me because you were so in love with him that you would have called me a liar and jealous. And there was that other part, my career, I had no other option than SAA. I didn't know what to do. I was doomed, on one side I wanted to tell you the truth but on the other I feared of getting rejected, of you not believing me."

He confessed looked up at me. He had tears in his eyes, one lone flowed down his cheek. He walked towards me and brushed my tears. I didn't knew I was crying until he wiped my tears.