Chapter 45

Decisions sometimes prove to be the hardest to make, especially when it's a choice between where you should be and where you really want to be.

Giara's POV.

"So Sophie, I can call you that right?" I asked turning towards her. She nodded. "You came alone or do you have a date?"

"Well, I came with a date, my dad but he had people to greet so he excused himself." She replied shyly.

"Well it's good." Rina said making us turn towards her. "No-no, not like that. I mean that's good that Mark found her or else that she would alone all night."

"Yeah. It's great and all. Marcus is quite entertaining but sometimes his too much. He'll stuck to you like a leech." I playfully whispered the last part causing us girls to giggle.

"Yeah, yeah go ahead and talk bad behind my back." Marcus said pulling Sophie to him. "You don't listen to them, they are just jealous that they couldn't be my date tonight."

"I don't know about Giara but I am jealous about not having a date who is conscious and not dozed off somewhere. I wanted to dance like beauty and beast." Rina whined stomping her right leg like a kid.

"We'll find you a date who won't doze off. I saw some sexy hunks around. Let's eat first then and browse for your sexy beast." I said causing Rina and Sophie to giggle.

"You girls do know that we are standing right here." Jay asked raising an eyebrow.

We nodded and giggled before walking towards the table filled with delicious snacks and sweets.

"Hmmmm, this looks yummy." I said picking up the small orange ball which really looked like a Cheetos cheese balls. "Hmm, they are good. Chicken, I guess." I said popping an another one.

"Buffalo chicken cheese balls." Rina read holding up the small laminated card. "They look like Cheetos."

"Guys, shouldn't we grab a plate first." Sophie asked.

"Oh, we have a proper groomed lady here." Rina said looking at me. "Today, my dear Sophie we are teaching you how to go wild." She said as a general would say to his soldiers.

"Step one: When you're hungry and see food, you don't wait to grab a plate you just pick it up and pop it in your mouth." I said popping another chicken whatever ball.

"Umm." She hesitated looking around and then back to the bowl filled with snacks.

"Go ahead, it's not like anyone cares around here, they are too busy impressing and envying others." I said. She hesitantly picked up a what look like a biscuit with a small scoop of cheese on it and quickly ate it.

"Good. Now stand here and keep working on it while searching for my beast." Rina said leaning on table while looking around and popping little chocolates well, at least they look like a chocolate to me.

"Oh, oh Rina 90 degree, blue suit, tall and blondie." I said looking at the man who was talking with another man.

"He must be in his late twenties, Giara." Rina said.

"Older the better Rina. He looks good." I said scanning him for topto bottom.

"Actually he is in his mid twenties." Sophie said.

"You know him?" I asked.

"Yeah, dad's business partner."

"Well, he is hot." I said still staring at him.

"I didn't know you were kinky type." Rina said.

"Hun, you don't know many things about me." I said turning back toman, he turned and caught me staring at him. I winked, first he looked shockedthen he just chuckled and nodded hi before turning back to continue his talk."He has a good character too." I said smiling and looking around formore guys.

"Rina to your left, the guy with black suit and red tie." Sophie saidnodding her head towards Rina's left.

"Hmm, he looks my type." Rina said as we scanned him.

"Uh huh. And also looks taken." I said when a blondie in red dressintertwined her fingers with his.

"Okay, next guy." Rina said. "Oh, oh I think I found one. He ismy beast. He looks lonely though." She said pouting looking at the guy shefound. We followed her gazed saw a handsome hunk boy leaning on the walldrinking champagne and looking around.

"You should give the lonely boy some company." I said. Sophie pushedRina towards the boy's direction.

"Okay, Okay I'll be back, just don't go anywhere without me." Shesaid turning around and then fixed her dress before walking towards the lonelyboy.

"Well, that's done. Where are these boys?" I said looking around forJay and Marcus.

"I don't know." Sophie mumbled while chewing on whatever she waseating.

"Oh, getting wild there." I teased smiling at her. She gulped beforechuckling.

"I always wanted to do something like this. I'm in a convent school sothey never lets us do things like this. We are always told to behave likeproper lady." She said patting her mouth with tissue.

"If you didn't like it then why didn't you asked your dad to changeschool?" I asked.

"I didn't want to trouble him. He already does too many things to comfortme." She said with a smile on her and admiration towards her father.

"I wish I had a father like that." I mumbled.

"Why?" She questioned. "Sorry." She apologized forquestioning about my personal life.

"No it's fine. Well my father, it's quite different. We don't really havea good relationship."

"Oh, you should maybe talk with him." She suggested. I just chuckledlike that would ever happened. He had like eleven years. But he never triedfrom his side.

"Hello ladies." A voice said beside. I turned around to see a boywith grey eyes smirking at me.

"Hello, how may I help you?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him.

"We saw you girls standing alone so decided to give you company."Another voice said from beside Sophie. She seemed uncomfortable so shiftedtowards me and grabbed my hand.

"Oh how nice of you." I replied sarcastically and lightly squeezedSophie's hand to assure her that I'm here.

"I know right. Plus it's quite refreshing to see girls standing around thesnack table." Grey eyes said.

"And it would be quite refreshing if you back off my girl." Jay saidmaking his way towards us. He was standing there with his hands in his pocketglaring at grey eyes who slightly backed off.

"Geez dude we just wanted to talk. It's not we need permission forthat." The second guy said.

"Of course not." Marcus smiled. "And it seems like my handdoesn't needs permission from bashing your face." Marcus glared walking forwardto punch him. But Sophie quickly ran towards him to stop him.

"Boys, I think you should leave before anything happens, it's a formalparty." I said shooing them. They walked off. "You need to controlyour anger Marcus."

"Look who's talking." Jay said but choked when I glared at him."Where's Rina by the way?"

"She found her beast." I said nodding towards her and her beast, wholooked very much into each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I thank you all for coming here. I hope you all areenjoying yourself." The announcers said.

"I am." I said popping the chocolate.

"Now we'll have our formal dance. I invited you all to the dance floor.Grab your date and enjoy your night. Thank you!" His speech ended and acheesy song played. Everybody started grabbing their date and walking towardsthe dance.

"M'lady." Marcus offered his arm to Sophie who blushed beforeintertwining hers with him and walked towards the dance floor. I snorted, socheesy. I turned to see Jay staring at me.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head. "Seriously?" I said andthen rolled my eyes. I offered my hand.

"Huh?" He asked looking at my hand then me.

"You wanted to dance too right?" He grinned and took my hand.

We walked to the dance floor and swayed to the music. Me holding his shoulderand he, holding my waist.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said.

"Thanks." I smiled and swayed to the music. "Ah this song is toocheesy. They should play something more upbeat. This song is too slow." Iwas babbling until I look up to see Jay staring at me. "What?" Iasked. He just pulled me closer by my waist. "Jay what are youdoing?"

"I am looking at you." He said. I held my breath when I felt hisright hand touching my cheek. "You are beautiful." He said slowlyleaning in. His eyes flicked from my eyes to my lips then back to my eyes. Islowly leaned in, I could feel his warm breath on lips. Our lips lightlygrazed.

"Guyssss. I'm bore-" Both of us flinched back quickly. "Oh fuck,I am so sorry I didn't mean. I just- I am a idiot." Rina blabbered.

"That you are." Jay scowled. I smacked his arm. "Ow!"

"Nah, it's okay Rina. What happened? Where is your beast?" I asked.

"Something came up so he went home." She pouted.

"Aww! Come here." I said opening my arms. She walked into my arms. Ipatted her back.

"Cockblock." Jay whispered.

"I said sorry! I was bored after he left!" She whined stomping herlegs flailing her arms around. I hugged her and patted her head like you do toa kid when he is wailing.

"It's okay. There's nothing you should be sorry about."

"Giara! She stuck her tongue at me." Jay whined.

"No. I did not!" Rina shouted.

"Yes you did!"

"What the hell is going on here?" Marcus asked as soon as he walkedtowards us with holding Sophie by her waist.

"Oh thank god you guys are here. I don't wanna be stuck with this twobrats." I said pushing away from them as they continued with yes and nofest.

"What the hell are they doing?"

"Fighting?" I said

"Guys stop." Marcus tried to stop them. Key word is tried.

"Mark she stuck her tongue at me!"

"He called me cockblocker even though I said sorry!"

"You know what, we are leaving. You can continue this, whatever thisis." Marcus said.

"Leaving?" Jay questioned

"Where?" That was Rina.

"Oh I just said that to stop you." Marcus shrugged.

"But we should really leave and the party is boring too.' Rina said.

"That's just because your beast left, cockblocker." Jay said.

"Giara." She stomped towards me and hugged my arm,

"Jay stop it."

"But- " I glared. "Okay." He pouted.

"So where are we going?" Rina asked.

"Arcade!" Marcus exclaimed.

"In this? No." I said pointing towards the dress I was wearing.

"My house." Jay suggested.

"That's a good idea." Rina said.

"Then it's final. Let's go." Jay said talking my hand.

"Oh well, thank you guys. It was nice meeting you." Sophie saidsmiling at us.

"You are not coming." Marcus asked.

"Yeah, why don't you join us?"

"I-I-" She stuttered.

"Come on babe it will be fun." Marcus said. She blushed.

"I'll have to ask my dad first." She said.

"Yeah, and we should inform Mr. and Mrs. Olsen too." I said searchingfor them.

"Yeah, I'll talk to my dad and will meet you guys in lobby." Sophiesaid before turning and searching for her father.

"Rina and I will wait in lobby then." Marcus said pulling Rina withhim towards lobby.

"I found them." Jay said pulling me towards his parents.

"Geez, slow down there , they are not running away." I said stumbling butgained my balance.

"Dad, mom we are leaving." He said as soon as we reached them andturned around to leave.

"Wait, What? Jay!" His mom shouted but he just waved.

"You are too much Jay." I said shaking my head.

"Thanks."

"Oh you are early." Marcus said checking his watch. "Aunt Rosedidn't throw a fit?"

"I never gave her a chance to." Jay said. "Isn't she hereyet?"

"Guys!" Sophie came running with a big smile on her face. "Let'sgo!"

"You look happy." I said smiling at as she came beside me.

"I am. I have never been out with friends to hangout." She saidsmiling back at me.

"Well, be prepared to for the best night of your life!" Rina saidspreading her arms almost hitting us.

"Girls come on." Jay called out opening the door of limo for us toclimb in.

We all get in and started the journey to Jay's mansion. Half the way Rina andMarcus were screaming at their top of voices, jamming to Beyonce with Jay andSophie joining them in middle. And me, I was smiling at them, my friends.

*Beep beep*

My cellphone beeped. I open my clutch to check. I had a message from Charlie.

Charlie:
I think I found him.

Giara:
I need 100% assurance. I can't work with your 'I think' Charlie.

Charlie:
Okay. I found your man.

Giara:
Send me the location.

I looked up to see everyone enjoying. Ahh, what should I do? If I don'tcheck the location now, I might lose my chance to get him. And if I leave now,they will get upset. Ughhh!

"Look at them G, they look so happy. If you leave will now, you'll bepartypooper." A part of my conscience said.

"Who cares of being a partypooper?" Other part of myconscience said.

"I do. You just found new friends who will be with you always."

"Who says that? G don't forget you are here to do your job, not to makefriends. You are not a normal teenager G. And you never will be. You areassassin, remember that." Poof, both we're gone. I look up to seeeveryone singing, laughing. Marcus was acting like stripper trying to give lapdance to Rina who pushed him away laughing. Sophie was laughing so hard thattears were running down her cheeks. Jay, he looked beautiful. His smile, hislaugh, they way his eyes disappeared when his smile or laughed hard. I wishedwe had kissed on the door floor. But I am glad that we didn't or it would havemade things more complicated than they were. I didn't know I was staring at himuntil he caught me. He smile and raised an eyebrow asking me what happened. Ishook my head and mouthed nothing. He nodded and went back to laughing atMarcus. It's for best I thought.

Giara:
Pick me up at Olsen's.

Nick:
I'll be there.

A/N :

I'm sorry guys that I skipped last thursday. It's just that a personal problem came up. My best friend needed me. But that's aside. I tried to make it up with longer chapter. Someone asked for romance. I tried my best. I know it's not exactly what you asked for but I tried. You can't write romance when your experience about it is none.😂 #singleforlife . I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Don't forget to leave your comments, votes and also don't forget to share your pals.

Love,
Alba 💜

Love, Alba 💜